Seaman Jay's Discussions (212)

Discussions Replied To (181) Replies Latest Activity

"Looking at the profile photos - "Weapons of the Middle-aged" would be more appropr…"

Seaman Jay replied Jul 6, 2011 to Strap

38 Oct 24, 2011
Reply by wes carl

"(MHO)I wouldn't use wood filler for repairs of this size. Would probably remove the…"

Seaman Jay replied Jul 6, 2011 to Body repair

6 Jul 6, 2011
Reply by Tommy

"and for the marathon-gigs: "

Seaman Jay replied Jul 5, 2011 to Strap

38 Oct 24, 2011
Reply by wes carl

"Although my wife is amused with the idea - she'll eventually crochet me a guitar str…"

Seaman Jay replied Jul 5, 2011 to Strap

38 Oct 24, 2011
Reply by wes carl

"What about a bass guitar with a diagonal (left-bottom to right top corner) neck?"

Seaman Jay replied Jul 3, 2011 to I am open to suggestions on what to do with this box.

21 Sep 5, 2012
Reply by rusty case

"My .02$ (i should probably keep for myself).   I'm not an expert - I'm somewh…"

Seaman Jay replied Jul 3, 2011 to Do you radius the back of the neck?

49 Jul 4, 2011
Reply by colin mcgrath

"@Wes - it could be "maturity" as well. One day you're just old enough to care more a…"

Seaman Jay replied Jul 1, 2011 to Discrimination and Cigar Box Guitars

15 Jul 17, 2011
Reply by Grease Stains

"Every time I go into a music shop to buy/look for something for my CBG the owners/em…"

Seaman Jay replied Jun 30, 2011 to Discrimination and Cigar Box Guitars

15 Jul 17, 2011
Reply by Grease Stains

"if the big box is a deep one - definitely: build a bass guitar. Maybe a shortscale,…"

Seaman Jay replied Jun 8, 2011 to What to do with odd-sized boxes?

26 Jun 8, 2011
Reply by Seaman Jay

"Hole saw for big round sound holes[1]. Wood bits for smaller. Jigsaw for all the res…"

Seaman Jay replied Jun 6, 2011 to Making perfect sound holes

18 Jun 9, 2011
Reply by Michael Fred Johnson

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Nut

Started by Bill Andy in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by Taffy Evans 5 hours ago. 6 Replies

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Latest Activity

Doug Thorsvik commented on Doug Thorsvik's video
Thumbnail

On Top of Spaghetti: 3D Printed Cigar Box Guitar

"I did not know that Kale! It’s a new song to me. I guess I don’t get around. It is very…"
2 hours ago
Taffy Evans replied to Bill Andy's discussion Nut
"Hi Bill, I see your problem, a neck with no fingerboard, yuck. Anyway, you will have to cut a…"
5 hours ago
AGP # liked A.D.EKER's photo
6 hours ago
AGP # liked A.D.EKER's photo
6 hours ago
AGP # liked Poorness Studios's video
7 hours ago
AGP # commented on AGP #'s photo
Thumbnail

AGP #533 - ''Beware of Wife''

""Thanks 'UJ' & Doug, Needless To Say!, "She Is Not Amused" ;-D"
7 hours ago
BrianQ. replied to Bill Andy's discussion Copper Hardware
"There’s a company named Guyker that makes antique bronze tuners, they look like an old penny,…"
8 hours ago
Gary O'slide posted a video
8 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's photo
Thumbnail

Decoration on the Spider & Frog

"Thanks Doug Glad you Do !"
8 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's photo
Thumbnail

Decoration on the Spider & Frog

"Thanks UJ !  GG (high) D, G .  only i reversed the stings On top is not the G (low) but…"
8 hours ago
BrianQ. liked Poorness Studios's video
9 hours ago
BrianQ. liked Doug Thorsvik's video
9 hours ago

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->