Wade's Discussions (504)

Discussions Replied To (352) Replies Latest Activity

"Before soldering, save some time and just tape the leads to the plug and see if you…"

Wade replied Jun 2, 2009 to I NEED SOME HELP

34 Nov 5, 2009
Reply by Lou

"Shallow U shaped notches work best for me. A bit of vaseline mixed with graphite dus…"

Wade replied May 21, 2009 to Making nuts/bridges is killing me!!

16 May 28, 2009
Reply by Mark Werner

"Here some info that might help. Wade"

Wade replied May 12, 2009 to Canjo(e) question?

12 Apr 22, 2011
Reply by Rand Moore

"I have also found that the wound strings sound aweful with low tension on them. If y…"

Wade replied May 9, 2009 to String questions

13 May 10, 2009
Reply by Wes "I'm Baaaaack" Yates

"Some labels can be removed with heat and a lot of patience. Heat up with a heat gun…"

Wade replied Apr 16, 2009 to removing paper covering from cigar boxes

13 Jan 19, 2011
Reply by ani mcneice

"Hey Deke, I've seen this before, but never understood what the purpose for the wood…"

Wade replied Apr 5, 2009 to Any good jig plans for necks?

34 Oct 28, 2009
Reply by Vince Stark

"I keep my slots shallow. If you cut the slots too deep, the string binds up and lead…"

Wade replied Mar 9, 2009 to Shaping and slotting the nut

13 Mar 30, 2009
Reply by spencer

"Has anyone tried zither pins as tuners on their builds? They are inexpensive."

Wade replied Mar 8, 2009 to I need help

12 Mar 8, 2009
Reply by Wade

"I have mostly oak. poplar, and some pallet wood( I think it's yellow pine, not sure)…"

Wade replied Feb 17, 2009 to Neck Building

3 Feb 17, 2009
Reply by Wade

"Is that basically what 2X4 lumber for studs? I wonder if studs would work. Hmmmmmm..…"

Wade replied Feb 2, 2009 to Size of neck blanks

15 Feb 2, 2009
Reply by Wade

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Nut

Started by Bill Andy in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by Taffy Evans yesterday. 6 Replies

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->