I want to build a simple but cool case for one guitar. If you have any photos of cases you've built could you please add them here so I can get some ideas. I know there are some on here already but they don't all come up when I search for "case"

Views: 4360

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think I found the ones with the sheet music - they're Boneheads. Thats' more what I was aiming for.
Hi, I build mine from vegetable trays, just have a look at www.klangbox.net/2008/11/n-17-la-finca-im-gren.html
The wood is light enough and it looks quite weird. For each gigbox I take two fasteners of old style beer bottles to build the fasteners of the top.
Just built a couple of 6 strings for christmas so had to build cases. Made from 6mm plywood and 3mm plywood. Not very heavy at all. Hogs.

Excellent -thanks for showing us

Elmar Zeilhofer said:
Hi, I build mine from vegetable trays, just have a look at www.klangbox.net/2008/11/n-17-la-finca-im-gren.html
The wood is light enough and it looks quite weird. For each gigbox I take two fasteners of old style beer bottles to build the fasteners of the top.
Nice one Hogs - might need "scruffing up" a bit :)
HOGS GRUNT said:
Just built a couple of 6 strings for christmas so had to build cases.

Made from 6mm plywood and 3mm plywood. Not very heavy at all.
Hogs.

hi,i use 3/8 pine or cedar and 1/4 cherry laminate [plywood],check skip h's page he has a few pics of one of my builds in a case. jim savage
Hi smojo,
Thanks for the comment.
The cases will soon get that 'scuffed' look when they start going off to gigs I have no doubt.
Hogs.
I saw a video the other day where a fellow used a pair of old jeans to make a cool gig bag.He cut off what he didnt need ,then sewed it up and stuffed the neck down the pants leg,,,,,,,thinking about trying it myself.
Thinking about the denim case idea - if anybody is making a double bass and needs some fat arsed jeans...I might well be your man..

Roger Martin said:
I saw a video the other day where a fellow used a pair of old jeans to make a cool gig bag.He cut off what he didnt need ,then sewed it up and stuffed the neck down the pants leg,,,,,,,thinking about trying it myself.
lol

Erik Ryman said:
Thinking about the denim case idea - if anybody is making a double bass and needs some fat arsed jeans...I might well be your man..

Roger Martin said:
Ok, so everyone has an opinion on cases. I found a great gig bag today that exactly fits all of my personal CBGs. My builds are about 36" inches long (or less) and this one is 36" which fits great. I was at Guitar Center near me and found a RoadRunner "Little Brat" bag Model #KEGP30 for $39 USD. Here are some links:

Music123.com
Guitar Center
Mi Supply

I got one, but I'm prolly gonna get one more.

-WY
So, my case is well under way now. Ripped down some rough cut timber for the sides. Pinned and glues thin pky top and bottom then cut through the sides to create lid and bottom piece. Got the hinges on and trying to figure the inside arrangement to hold the guitar. got some good ideas for finishing. I want it to look pretty old and well worn so I trashed the timber a bit with old chains, srews and odd pieces of metal hammered against it to create dings. I'll stain it brown, put my logo on it - possibly burnt on with a template and blow torch. It looks good in my mind, just need to materialise it now.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Latest Activity

Doug Thorsvik posted a video

Shout with Joy to God: 2-String Chugger License Plate Cigar Box Guitar

Cigar Box Guitar Slingers - Spokane, 199th Zoom Mtg 04/22/24. Only 1-finger chords, free songbooks here: https://www.cbgslinger.com/download CBG SOF Songbook...
1 hour ago
A.D.EKER left a comment for David Hopkins
"They look a lot like the Roger Farrington creation's from 1980!"
2 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

All You Got to do is put your Mind to it ! BCB - A .D .Eker 2024

"Yes he was ! Uncle John ! thank you for the like and kind comment ! Dang me !"
2 hours ago
Uncle John commented on Gary O'slide's video
Thumbnail

Acoustic folk box cigar box guitar @RhialtoPurple

"Nice.  Bright and sunshiny.  Feeling good music.  Thanks!"
2 hours ago
Uncle John commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

"Roger was extra special.    And fun. Wailing harp there, A.D.!    Good tribute!"
2 hours ago
Thumbnail

"    You can Rollerskate in a Buffalo Herd !!"
5 hours ago
5 hours ago
A.D.EKER posted a video

a Tribute to the Great lyricist Roger Miller ,a adapted version of the Tune " You cant Rollerskate in a Buffalo Herd " whit the refrein , on a four string c...
5 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's photo
Thumbnail

BCB Folding Backpacker 21,5 inch Scale

"Thank you all for the Like on the Picture ! appreciated !"
5 hours ago
A.D.EKER left a comment for Order99
"Thanks Order 99 for your take on the Tracks ! Glad you liked them ! much appreciated ! Kind…"
5 hours ago
Order99 liked Doug Thorsvik's video
10 hours ago
Order99 liked Gary O'slide's video
10 hours ago

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->