Seems like the future of the Nation is a little unclear at this point, so I thought we should have a place where people could plug their websites, youtube channels, facebook, or anywhere else you want to be found on the internet.  CBN has been my only feed for homemade music content and I'd like to be sure I can keep up with everybody if need be, so go ahead and post links to your stuff so we can find you out there in wild!

Views: 781

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

GoDaddy is cheap and website software is out there and not to expensive. GoDaddy has their own software you can use to build a simple site. Also WebEx is failry cheap with a few good templates to work with to make a quick and easy site.

Hi Turtlehead You can find Me Here and Many of My Friends on My Website  http://jamesomusicandfriends.com/    Check Me out If anyone would like to Become a Friend to

http://jamesomusicandfriends.com/   Just Pm Me and I'll tell you How to Join The site I post My videos

and My Friends videos of http://jamesomusicandfriends.com/  as well site is New but it's growing. Thanks

Besides CBN  the only other place I'm active is YouTube on my morbanjo channel. I'll probably get a FB page soon since it's an easy way to promote new instruments to anyone interested. Other than that, if you're in WV and hear banjos and fiddles, there's a good chance I'm in there somewhere!

James and Wayfinder thanks for the info. Good tips for those of us wandering around lost in the Internet desert. You guys both have easy to navigate, well done websites.

Interesting....   CBN is certainly faded right now.   Sad.   Not dead.  Not on life support.  But faded.  

I've made friends here and it has been  (was?) great to have an audience for my music.   Not much of an audience of late. 

I have been a pretty good supporter of CBN and CBG newbies, kings and wood be kings.   But I am done supporting the folks who don't support other folks. 

Where will you find me?   Here a little bit.   Facebook a little.   And in my home area doing my own thing.

OTHER:  one downer for me is that my computer / internet lock up on CBN.  It has been going on for a few months now.

What's your Facebook?

More than anything else, I mean CBN has faded in the area of comments and feedback.

I hear you Uncle, the site is a lot less friendly than it was, it seemed to happen around about the format change, but i've no idea why, maybe because the new stuff is further down the page now, after the forum etc, but it is distinctly different, i know i don't comment on builds and performances as much as i used to, and don't really know why

I echo what you said Darryl.  The whats and the don't know whys. 

Still using XP. I love it, and I can make it work, being something of a computer geek. I hope CBN doesn't fade away, as I enjoy the many connections I've made here. I won't get involved in the usual social networking, but this site is always a positive experience, not the useless negative crap that come with Facebook and the like.

CigarBoxNation Forever!

I'm hoping it's just a summer slump. I know I have way less time during June, July and August than I do in colder months. I usually miss commenting on many videos due to travel, music festivals and other things. When it gets cold I tend to spend more time on CBN and at the computer. 

I've had some of those lock ups you mention and I think Wayfinder might be on to something about the insistence of the Windows 10 change for whatever reason.

I hope CBN continues strong and healthy for a good long time since I've learned, and am still learning a bunch of new stuff from many of the folks here.

Hi everyone Having Computer lock up this May Be cause by not having enough Ram installed on your computer Ram is what your Computer uses to Process and store Memory if  it runs out will cause computer to lock up. the longer your on line the faster it runs out you can close browser and this clears the Ram to you fill it up again. If you have a older computer this is most likely the cause as many have less than a gig of ram this is a cheap upgrade. if you Do it yourself cost a bought 20 to 40 bucks you can fine videos on you tube to show you how to do this. videos used a lot of Ram so install as much as your computer Mother Board Will support. It's not Hard to Do just Be careful and make sure you are well grounded Be fore touching anything inside your Computer. I have an Alienware  computer with 8 Gigs of ram and a 2 gig of Ram Video Card never locks up can  watch Videos all Day. I have Build several computers and work on Many for friends Ram will increase your computers performance 200.% the more you have the faster it Will Be. Hope this helps

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->