Show us your number one stringed instrument. The one you would choose if you could have only one. You can put more than one in the photo, but put number one on the left.

I can play the big box tenor on the left in any key, plugged or unplugged.   Center is my fave guitar, but not as versatile a player in open G.    For plugged in, nothing else makes me sound as good as the swampy.

Views: 5091

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thanks John, yes, I love your relics, this one is special to me because a lady I worked with gave it to me. It was her Uncle Buddy's she told me. After I got it home, I saw 2 dates in December 1958 written on the inside, thus is why I put the date on the headstock. The neck was a piece of wood I found while walking to work. It looked like wood from a crib, but had been run over a few times by cars, I assumed because of the nicks in the wood. Unfortunately, she passed away before I could show her the guitar.

I Like all My Guitars If I have to Choose a Favorite It's Still My Gibson J50 1st one on the left, I've Had it over 45 years. It's also took about that long to Collect all these Guitars.

See them here    http://jamesomusicandfriends.com/page2.html

nice group James, you've kept them well

RTZ4A

Very nice, RTZ.  Classy.   But no Martin?

I might chose a 6 string then I could string a 3 or 4 string or a Seasick kinda  3 string

Hi, due to the fact that I build a number of different style of instruments, I have a few different favourites.

#1  a CBG is chosen for its acoustic tone and volume. Is not as fancy some of my others but unplugged its a killer. Cedar top, rosewood back and sides. Cheers Taff

My next, #2  is an electric solid body. Special custom build.

#3 last but not least is another special build that sounds very powerful, great sustain and balanced tone. it was built during the year of our 50th wedding anniversary so I incorporated 50 hearts in, on and around the guitar. Its called the Queen of Hearts.

Very nice, Nub.   I like them all, but probably the big box resonator the most.   Elmar pups on two of them, looks like.   Can I visit and try then out?

Well, it's a long drive and I am low on gas money.  Darn.  I would like to meet you and play some of your gits!   But I think I must postpone or cancel the visit.

Wait right there.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->