Taffy Evans's Discussions (1,993)

Discussions Replied To (1801) Replies Latest Activity

"Hi Infirmity, wow, big subject you have opened here, as nobody has got in yet, I’ll…"

Taffy Evans replied yesterday to Box thickness effect on sound

1 yesterday
Reply by Taffy Evans

"Hi I C P, thanks for chiming in. I learnt sharpening and the use of sharp tools from…"

Taffy Evans replied yesterday to Working on the edge.

2 yesterday
Reply by Taffy Evans

"Hi again, I forgot to mention, that to stop the neck from tilting I would either rem…"

Taffy Evans replied on Wednesday to Neck on 3 string is a little tilted to the side in relation to the box.

6 on Wednesday
Reply by BrianQ.

"Hi, first I would check the strings contact at the bridge saddle to see if it is buz…"

Taffy Evans replied Jun 20 to Neck on 3 string is a little tilted to the side in relation to the box.

6 on Wednesday
Reply by BrianQ.

"I thought you wrote that you had 4 necks that bowed. Sorry. Taff"

Taffy Evans replied Jun 18 to Setting the action

7 Jun 18
Reply by BrianQ.

"Hi Ian, thanks for posting that, lots of good info. It's a bit wordy for me so a few…"

Taffy Evans replied Jun 17 to Thought the forum might like this

2 Jun 17
Reply by Ian Boyd

"Hi, you are correct about setting the action height, movement of the neck and the to…"

Taffy Evans replied Jun 17 to Setting the action

7 Jun 18
Reply by BrianQ.

"Hi jo, these photos may explain it better. I just did a quick mock-up, the actual si…"

Taffy Evans replied Jun 17 to How can I use this cool piece?

12 Jun 17
Reply by Taffy Evans

"Hi, ok my other idea would be to get an old leather strap of a suitable size and fit…"

Taffy Evans replied Jun 16 to How can I use this cool piece?

12 Jun 17
Reply by Taffy Evans

"Hi, I had a few ideas, here are two of them... 1 - inlay it into a fancy peghead. 2…"

Taffy Evans replied Jun 16 to How can I use this cool piece?

12 Jun 17
Reply by Taffy Evans

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Box thickness effect on sound

Started by Infirmity Citrus President in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans yesterday. 1 Reply

The Cigar Box SITAR Experiment - by Shane Speal

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by t-belly johnson Jun 16. 2 Replies

Build a Les Claypool Whamola!

Started by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker in Feature Articles. Last reply by Cindy J Jun 14. 11 Replies

How to Build a Mailbox Dobro

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Cindy J Jun 13. 3 Replies

Latest Activity

Keith Rearick liked AGP #'s photo
2 hours ago
2 hours ago
2 hours ago
2 hours ago
2 hours ago
T-Gripped commented on AGP #'s photo
Thumbnail

AGP #152 - ''Tight Arse One''

"These are cool... I may have to try something like this."
7 hours ago
T-Gripped liked AGP #'s photo
7 hours ago
T-Gripped liked AGP #'s photo
7 hours ago
BrianQ. left a comment for Jim Crow
"Welcome, check out the Resources tab for build/play info and join some groups located in the Posts…"
7 hours ago
BrianQ. left a comment for Matthew Bolek
"Welcome, check out the Resources tab for build/play info and join some groups located in the Posts…"
7 hours ago
Glenn Kaiser posted a status
7 hours ago
Uncle John commented on AGP #'s photo
Thumbnail

AGP #152 - ''Tight Arse One''

"That one suits me.   Nice!"
8 hours ago

Music

© 2022   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->