I started this discussion back in June as " . . . population 1000" when we were knocking up against that milestone, NOW we're closing in on twice that!
...............................................................................................
Where is everybody coming from?

How big will the nation get?

Will the population outstrip our precious natural resources of available cigar boxes?

Will "store-bought" guitars become extinct?

Do you believe in Manifest Destiny?

Views: 186

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I guess I have a little different take on this, and this only my opinion, not even worth 2 cents. There is always a rush to grow. In the thread on the article on CBGs, seemed like people were excited to get members, grow. Well I suppose it is natural and necessary, but it comes with a price, you loose the friendly atmosphere, you get real clicks, there are more people with hurt feelings. People don't share as much of themselves or their knowledge. The list goes on.

But, I realize that it will grow and that is the measurement of success. Just make me apprehensive. Hate to loose all the small time camaraderie.

But then, 1000 isn't many when you put in perspective of the world population.
Wow, 970 today!
and what's up with the huge influx of UK members? . . . . have you guys started cloning CBG builders over there or what?
Knotlenny, I don't know why all those funny talkin folks are rushing in here....but, I'm glad they are looks like we'll easily reach that 1K mark.

Paul Doug, I think even with 10K members you will still have a smaller percentage that participate on a regular basis. I try to post a reply (sometimes helpful, but not always) to every post I can. Mainly because I know the anticipation I have when I start a discussion and I cant wait for someone to respond. Many of the members will get on here, absorb info, and move along. Many will stay and contribute.

I myself will stick around and have a good time, and patch up the occasional problems I cause as needed.
The selfish part of me doesn't want EVERYBODY to know what fun we're havin......the other part of me does....
I dont know if it's helping any but each of my customers gets a business card with my name on it, the shops name on it, and the web ADDY to this site .I strongly suggest to EACH customer to use this site as a learning tool and to join if they like what they see.
I average 9 to 12 or so sales a week so if 1/2 of them do so it should help the site.
hell yeah! A great place to be whether 1k or 10k.
10/10/09 6:16pm 992 members goal is very much in reach
HOLY CRAP!! WE'RE GONNA HIT 1,000 THIS WEEK! who will the lucky new member be?
I think the webmaster should make sure the 1000th member has an avatar like a birthday hat that says 1000! Forever...
six more to go.
997 only 3 to go
When the economy is as normal we average 1.3 to 1.5 MILLION people a year in our mall.I am very lucky to have that much access for my instruments.
Now if I can just sell to only 1/2 million or so, maybe we can get a few more members huh? lol
Today I lucked out,had a bus of older folks come in and in 21 minutes sold 5 instruments,1 amp and pickup kit,I dont know how many slides.I thought I had built enough necks for 8 new DB's and 3 new 3 strings for the shop this Friday.But it looks like I'm going to be in the workshop all night or I wont have enough inventory this weekend.
I don't know which pic I like better for #1000

or simply...

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Nut

Started by Bill Andy in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by Taffy Evans on Sunday. 6 Replies

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Latest Activity

A.D.EKER posted photos
33 minutes ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
48 minutes ago
A.D.EKER posted a video

RunAway Girl BCB 2024

Domestic Disturbance Home cruelty and mis understanding today's Problem Child, true all times leads to Runaway's Girls & boy's that run away from there see...
52 minutes ago
BrianQ. commented on Cigar Box Nation's status
"Got my popcorn ready, waiting for the show! :)"
7 hours ago
BrianQ. commented on Rich's photo
Thumbnail

RTL Drawing box 1

"Defending the nation, one cbg at a time!!!"
7 hours ago
BrianQ. liked Rich's photo
7 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Doug Thorsvik's photo
Thumbnail

Six Chugger CBG Build

"Just stealing a page from your playbook Rich! Since all the boxes are vintage, I decided to place…"
9 hours ago
Rich commented on Doug Thorsvik's photo
Thumbnail

Six Chugger CBG Build

"Interesting,  the juxtaposition of the 3D printed handmade items and the Singer sewing machine…"
11 hours ago
Rich liked Doug Thorsvik's photo
11 hours ago
Rich commented on Cigar Box Nation's status
"Looking forward to it."
11 hours ago
Rich posted a photo

RTL Drawing box 1

Coming soon to a CBG near you.- Marching right out of the frame.
12 hours ago
Cigar Box Nation posted a status
"Working on updates to the updated Cigar Box Nation! Lots to do. Coming soon -shane"
16 hours ago

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->