William McCauley's Discussions (140)

Discussions Replied To (113) Replies Latest Activity

"I like to keep old crap, most of it wasn't crap when I got it. I still have a part f…"

William McCauley replied Mar 16, 2012 to How many CBGs do you keep around?

20 Mar 17, 2012
Reply by MichaelS Country Boy Guitars

"I currently have seven, counting one that belongs to my son. They can be seen on my…"

William McCauley replied Mar 16, 2012 to How many CBGs do you keep around?

20 Mar 17, 2012
Reply by MichaelS Country Boy Guitars

"Take the time and build them something nice. You'll be happier and so will the perso…"

William McCauley replied Feb 29, 2012 to To Donate or Not, my first Build to charity?

11 Mar 1, 2012
Reply by Hip Bone Bellaire

"On my last two builds I have used 1/8" brass rod from Lowe's. I cut the slots to hal…"

William McCauley replied Feb 14, 2012 to Alternative to fret wire?

15 Jan 22, 2020
Reply by Stew

"You could also try marking your cut with a knife rather than a pencil. That gives yo…"

William McCauley replied Feb 8, 2012 to Newbie introduction and question

21 Feb 13, 2012
Reply by David "Gitz" O'Corley

"Try using a framing square or a machinist's square against the side of the fret boar…"

William McCauley replied Feb 6, 2012 to Newbie introduction and question

21 Feb 13, 2012

"Don't skimp on a saw, good ones cut much better than cheap ones."

William McCauley replied Feb 2, 2012 to Newbie introduction and question

21 Feb 13, 2012

"Try using something other than fret wire, I have used 1/8" brass rod on some builds…"

William McCauley replied Feb 1, 2012 to Newbie introduction and question

21 Feb 13, 2012

"Blue Yuengling Bock. Tastes better than it sounds."

William McCauley replied Feb 1, 2012 to Find Your Band Name

36 Feb 4, 2012
Reply by blufloyd

"  "

William McCauley replied Jan 30, 2012 to Scarf Joints........arghhh

39 Apr 24, 2012
Reply by Thomas Smith

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->