Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion (5,583)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

just a suggestion

Hey, I've ran several sites with message/forum boards and have found it's really nice to have the forum/message board broken into sections.…

Started by Anderson

9 Jun 13, 2009
Reply by Anderson

Dowel rods

I'd like to build a Lowebow like monster are there any plans online to do the dowel rods?

Started by Anderson

3 Jun 12, 2009
Reply by Doc Oakroot

Canadian Cigar Boxes

Anyone know where a guy could find some cool Cigar Boxes in Canada?

Started by Damn Dirty Ape

3 Jun 12, 2009
Reply by paul @ huckleberry guitar

boxes with thin tops

i have a couple boxes with thin tops, how do i attach the neck to these kind of boxes? do i just cut the notch into the body so the neck fi…

Started by paul

6 Jun 11, 2009
Reply by Brian Lemin

It's all about the music

A forum to talk about live or recorded music that you've been digging on lately - any new finds or old faves that you want to share with th…

Started by paul @ huckleberry guitar

3 Jun 11, 2009
Reply by Ben

First timer looking for a few tips

I haven't even made my first cut on the box, and I'm actually still just reaching and gathering information. I have a few questions. If an…

Started by William Westbrook

13 Jun 11, 2009
Reply by Anderson

sanding the box

should i sand or leave the box natural? if i sand it i don't want to scuff away the printing on the box. if so should all sides of the box…

Started by paul

4 Jun 11, 2009
Reply by Ben

Strings for the Blues

Ok, I am finishing my first electric cbg and I like the sound of the blues. Which would be the best strings to use for the blues. One perso…

Started by Roger Morin

5 Jun 11, 2009
Reply by Wes "I'm Baaaaack" Yates

build, scrounge, or buy larger boxes

I want to make, buy, or scrounge a box around 8"x11"x4 to make a fiddle-gurdy. Is it possible to get the wood that cigar boxes are made fro…

Started by Michael Carnright

31 Jun 9, 2009
Reply by Roger Martin

All Points Bulletin - Hobo CBG

We once had something kind of cool going with the TransAmerican Hobo CBG project, originated by Nick Pellechia. You can read about it here…

Started by Kevin Sprague (Knotlenny)

12 Jun 9, 2009
Reply by toasterburn

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Nut

Started by Bill Andy in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by Bill Andy 10 hours ago. 5 Replies

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->