Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion (5,583)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Pot ground tab?

I'm tinning all the connections for the electronics for my cbt and in all of the wiring diagrams ground is just soldered to the back of the…

Started by Bull Dogg

4 Dec 25, 2009
Reply by Tim

Sharping notes

I just built a new cigar box tenor ukulele, but it seems that the notes sharp as you go higher up the scale. I used a precut fretboard, and…

Started by El Leon

5 Dec 25, 2009
Reply by Red Vaughan

More on fixing the neck to the box...

Do you have the entire length of the neck (inside the box) touching the lid, or do you rebate it further to allow the box lid to vibrate mo…

Started by Lone Groover

3 Dec 23, 2009
Reply by Tres Seaver

String problems

Hi y'all. Im really picking up a great deal of useful infoand enthusiasm from the site ...But Ive got this problem that wont go away .I hav…

Started by Clive Palfrey

13 Dec 23, 2009
Reply by Wichita Sam

Attaching the neck to the box

Hello Folks, I am a newbie and I am getting ready to build mi 1st cigarbox guitar and have a question on how to make the groove in the neck…

Started by Esteban Celis

25 Dec 22, 2009
Reply by Ronnie Retherford

what to paint...

so I'm making a tub bass... and I want to paint something on it and the only thing I can think of is "gut bucket" do any of you have any su…

Started by Anderson

8 Dec 22, 2009
Reply by Dan Sleep

Next question - Sources for materials

Where is a good source for materials and tools, such as fret wire, tuners, etc. and quitar buiding tools. I think I would like to get a fre…

Started by Steven West

11 Dec 22, 2009
Reply by Richard Cottrell

F hole placement?

Looking at violins, I see that the f-holes are usually around the saddle, but on CBGs, they tend to be more toward the neck. Any ideas abou…

Started by Corey

5 Dec 22, 2009
Reply by David Alan Stevens

F hole/Sound hole sizes.

From the other posts about sound hole sizes Ive gotten that small equals deeper sound. What I don't know is, what exactly IS smaller on a r…

Started by Bull Dogg

2 Dec 21, 2009
Reply by Richard Cottrell

What are the best sounding transducers?

What are the best sounding transducers. Our radio shack does not carry just the simple peizo part, and to get one there they are really exp…

Started by Jerryrig240

3 Dec 21, 2009
Reply by James Bush

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Copper Hardware

Started by Bill Andy in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by Southern Ray 9 minutes ago. 5 Replies

Nut

Started by Bill Andy in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by Taffy Evans 17 hours ago. 6 Replies

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Latest Activity

Southern Ray replied to Bill Andy's discussion Copper Hardware
" Lace humbuckers for $40 a pair?"
9 minutes ago
Uncle John commented on A.D.EKER's photo
Thumbnail

Decoration on the Spider & Frog

"Interesting on how you strung it up.  Have a good week, Andries."
4 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Doug Thorsvik's video
Thumbnail

On Top of Spaghetti: 3D Printed Cigar Box Guitar

"I did not know that Kale! It’s a new song to me. I guess I don’t get around. It is very…"
14 hours ago
Taffy Evans replied to Bill Andy's discussion Nut
"Hi Bill, I see your problem, a neck with no fingerboard, yuck. Anyway, you will have to cut a…"
17 hours ago
AGP # liked A.D.EKER's photo
19 hours ago
AGP # liked A.D.EKER's photo
19 hours ago
AGP # liked Poorness Studios's video
19 hours ago
AGP # commented on AGP #'s photo
Thumbnail

AGP #533 - ''Beware of Wife''

""Thanks 'UJ' & Doug, Needless To Say!, "She Is Not Amused" ;-D"
19 hours ago
BrianQ. replied to Bill Andy's discussion Copper Hardware
"There’s a company named Guyker that makes antique bronze tuners, they look like an old penny,…"
20 hours ago
Gary O'slide posted a video
20 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's photo
Thumbnail

"Thanks Doug Glad you Do !"
20 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's photo
Thumbnail

"Thanks UJ !  GG (high) D, G .  only i reversed the stings On top is not the G (low) but…"
20 hours ago

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->