Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion (5,583)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

string frets?!

Any of you ever used strings for frets - like waxed cotton or the like?  I'm thinking of tying frets on a cello so I can play it like an mi…

Started by Diane in Chicago

7 May 6, 2010
Reply by The Phrygian Kid

Pickup Winder?

I was in Hobby Lobby the other day and saw one of these. It is a AA battery powered rubber band winder for model airplanes. The notched whe…

Started by Bob Young

0 May 5, 2010

Fret Board thickness?

Just curious as to what people, who are adding fret boards to their builds, using as a thickness?  I have personally been trying to keep mi…

Started by Dave Breault

14 May 4, 2010
Reply by Dave Breault

neck angle no neck angle

I want to build a 3 stringer and have some neck confusion. The first neck I built had a 10 degrees angle but you can not really lay the thi…

Started by Mungo Park

17 May 3, 2010
Reply by Wes "I'm Baaaaack" Yates

great place to shop

iggy's post of the part list prompts me to tell you all of a great source of parts - i recently ordered 17 different parts including tuners…

Started by rich gallagher

7 May 3, 2010
Reply by Tracy Kennedy

simple amp

Hi all Ive been trying to build an amp controlled via guitar knobs useing a 9volt battery 1 wire to the speaker 1 wire to a switch from the…

Started by crissy b

5 May 1, 2010
Reply by wes carl

More questions? Well, yes. But this time it's preference questions LOL

OK, first what are your thoughts on stringing CBGs with the strings 6,4,2 and then 5,3,1 on a different CBG? Do you prefer the neck of the…

Started by Brian " BigB " Saunders

6 Apr 30, 2010
Reply by stan bryars

first plank guitar

OK, finally finished my personal WS # 200 .... I know that it was built out of order, but having never done a plank... well.... you know...…

Started by Wichita Sam

25 Apr 30, 2010
Reply by MichaelS Country Boy Guitars

I came across a great fret program

If you follow this link you can download WFret, it's a great fret calculater and even better it comes with a feature that lets you print ou…

Started by Bryon Dodds

4 Apr 30, 2010
Reply by Grizz

Oil Can Guitar: How Do I Work Inside of It?

Howdy folks. I'm a first-time builder. Recently got it into my head that I want to build an electric oil can guitar, like the ones you see…

Started by MicCheckOne

24 Apr 29, 2010
Reply by Roosterman

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Nut

Started by Bill Andy in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by Bill Andy 1 hour ago. 5 Replies

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->