Skeesix's Discussions (534)

Discussions Replied To (474) Replies Latest Activity

"Stew Mac has various solutions for cutting fret slots including a table saw. http://…"

Skeesix replied on Sunday to Cutting fret boards

2 yesterday
Reply by ChickenboneJohn

"Go to Facebook and do a search for "joes muziekinstrumenten atelier". A post from El…"

Skeesix replied Dec 31, 2016 to joes flatpickup.

54 on Wednesday
Reply by Wayfinder

"Toothpaste bird poop - lol. I like it!"

Skeesix replied Dec 10, 2016 to Idea for Diddley Bow head stock

11 Dec 12, 2016
Reply by Lane Martin

"Back in the old days I used to record a rhythm track on a tape recorder. Then play i…"

Skeesix replied Dec 7, 2016 to Loopers ~ What are they good and bad for?

63 Dec 14, 2016
Reply by BUGGY (C)

"I finally broke down and got a Jam Man looper. It's better than playing by yourself…"

Skeesix replied Dec 4, 2016 to Loopers ~ What are they good and bad for?

63 Dec 14, 2016
Reply by BUGGY (C)

"Just try and select the straightest pieces of wood you can find, and it should be ok…"

Skeesix replied Nov 28, 2016 to Does finger board and neck stock need to be planed?

10 Dec 3, 2016
Reply by Jim Saraceno

"Piezos work differently than magnetic pickups. Magnetic pickups sense the vibrations…"

Skeesix replied Oct 2, 2016 to Please help fix my screw up.

5 Oct 3, 2016
Reply by Chance

"It may have been either the last season or in reruns already by the time I was old e…"

Skeesix replied Sep 14, 2016 to STAR TREK TURNS 50 YEARS OLD

37 Sep 16, 2016
Reply by Ron "Oily" Sprague

"Any more, people just seem to give me boxes. I haven't bought any in quite awhile. …"

Skeesix replied Aug 31, 2016 to Cigar Boxes - plentiful or sparse?

44 Sep 5, 2016
Reply by Eric Davis

"And you're still married? lol "

Skeesix replied Aug 31, 2016 to Cigar Boxes - plentiful or sparse?

44 Sep 5, 2016
Reply by Eric Davis

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation?How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Cigar Box Nation News - Jan 17, 2017

Started by Shane (www.ShaneSpeal.com) in Cigar Box Nation News. Last reply by JL 2 hours ago. 1 Reply

Hub Cap cut out

Started by Mike "Honeyboy" Edwards in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Mike "Honeyboy" Edwards 5 hours ago. 5 Replies

SURVEY: What do I build with these antique tobacco tins?

Started by Shane (www.ShaneSpeal.com) in Feature Articles. Last reply by Gordon Cooper 8 hours ago. 18 Replies

ICE!

Started by Cause the Blue rat in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Cause the Blue rat 13 hours ago. 5 Replies

The Mysterious "Ukulele Echo Device" From the 1920's

Started by Shane (www.ShaneSpeal.com) in Feature Articles. Last reply by Gordon Cooper yesterday. 25 Replies

Travel case?

Started by Ken Vickerson in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Ron "Oily" Sprague yesterday. 23 Replies

Cutting fret boards

Started by Billy Jerrells in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by ChickenboneJohn yesterday. 2 Replies

My facebook page is no more......

Started by Cause the Blue rat in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Cause the Blue rat on Sunday. 10 Replies

Latest Activity

Uncle John replied to Uncle John's discussion What is your favorite slide and slide material? ( and more)
"Yup, Jonathan.  That slide in the attachment looks good and right.  And I love the price…"
13 minutes ago
Jim Morris commented on Jim Morris's video
Thumbnail

Ode to the Swamp Witch

"Thanks James O"
16 minutes ago
john mackay posted a discussion

Nut slots (with principles that apply to bridge slots as well)

Here's a gnat's-eye view at the face of a nut as seen from the leeward side of the second fret.…See More
18 minutes ago
Uncle John commented on Uncle John's blog post 2 short stories - one is CBG relatted. A 2 pager and a 3 pager
"A good LOL and thank you very much, Captain.   Maybe I need an illustration (picture) off…"
20 minutes ago
CaptnCatfish liked Uncle John's blog post 2 short stories - one is CBG relatted. A 2 pager and a 3 pager
28 minutes ago
CaptnCatfish commented on Uncle John's blog post 2 short stories - one is CBG relatted. A 2 pager and a 3 pager
"Both stories are good to read, even for a german ;-) I learned a lot of new vocabulary, I think it…"
28 minutes ago
Andy Busch added a discussion to the group Building a Cigar Box Guitar 101
Thumbnail

Altoid Git Building Plan--what's the best?

I've started to get interested in building a git with an Altoid tin.  I saw them online a long time…See More
37 minutes ago
Jonathan replied to Uncle John's discussion What is your favorite slide and slide material? ( and more)
"Favorite slide is a 5/8's metal spacer from Tractor supply, cost 2.50 and is just long enough…"
53 minutes ago
Jonathan replied to Uncle John's discussion What is your favorite slide and slide material? ( and more)
57 minutes ago
Don Randolph replied to Uncle John's discussion What is your favorite slide and slide material? ( and more)
"1. What is your favorite slide? AcoustaGlide Brass 2. How many do you have? 7 3. What slide…"
1 hour ago
Andries D. EKER left a comment for Denny
"Hi there Denny Thanks for liking my track there  bud! come back any time and see my new build…"
1 hour ago
Uncle John replied to Uncle John's discussion What is your favorite slide and slide material? ( and more)
"First time I ever heard of using a Tobasco bottle.   Good idea.  I needed to put…"
1 hour ago

Music

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service