Hey, 

You know your'e addicted to building cigar box guitars when.....

# 100 - you're missing a drawer pull in the kitchen cuz' you needed a kool tailpiece for a build!!!

I bet we could come up with at least  99 more- let's hear what you have to say!

Views: 3304

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

#70  "I keep waking up at 3-4 AM with visions of how to improve on designs I haven't even built yet."

Oily wrote this in an other thread - I know an addict when I see one... :D

#69. Woo Hoo! I got 6...sorry... when your CBN brethren start posting your comments from other threads ;-)

"Hi, my name is Oily, and I'm a Cigar Box Guitar addict. There is no known cure. I blame my addiction on my dear, departed father, The Gadgetman. He introduced me to the concepts of 1) the hardware store, 2) buying tools you might need "someday," and 3) multiple trips to the hardware store, because you screwed something up."

Kevin O'Connor said:
#71: You're invited to dinner at a friends home, you notice the fine silverware box sitting on the table, you begin ripping the foam out of the lid to see how thick the new soundboard might be. BTW, I went home with box!

You left the silver, didn't you...
Kev, Oily, you're the real SEALs of the Nation: no wood left behind!

#68 - You dive in the recycling bin salvaging returnables and recyclables to make canjos.

#67 - You choose your brand of beer/wine for the ability to make slides, not flavor/quality of the beverage inside.

#66 - You've said "hey, man you gonna use that bottle cap for anything?" to a stranger.

#65 - When you go into a Goodwill store looking for belts from fat people long enough to use as a guitar strap.

#64 - When you're on a first-name basis with the local tobacconist, and you don't smoke.

#63 - When you bring home chicken bones from KFC to use for a bridge (thanks Lou Carreras).

#62 - You know garbage night in a 10 square mile radius of your house.
Thanks Hal re: #63, I'll be saving the bones from the sunday roast. (which ones exactly?)

In line with the current train of thought,

#61 - You eyeball real hard the leftover bones your dogs dragged in from who knows where, despite the remnant scent of putrefaction.

"#65 - When you go into a Goodwill store looking for belts from fat people long enough to use as a guitar strap."

Good one!

-WY

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Nut

Started by Bill Andy in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by Bill Andy 14 hours ago. 5 Replies

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->