to my CBN friends,

It's been a while since I posted a "just for me build"... here's WS # 236

DSCN0450.jpg picture by WichitaSam

first of all, the table is a workbench under construction... 130 year old Ponderosa Pine on top...

DSCN0451.jpg

Here's the CBG... a 4 string fretted, short (22") scale, with tone and volume control and a "strat" pup.

DSCN0452.jpg

Close up of body shows an Aluminum channel hardtail... painted top (on box bottom) with acrylic paints. with the hardtail set out in the middle of the box, it has decent acoustic properties.

DSCN0453.jpg

Neck maple, walnut fretboard, corian nut... quality tuners....

DSCN0454.jpg

Racing strip theme thru the painted out pickup.... do you think I should try to paint out the hardtail too?

I've basically pulled together all the tricks I know to make a personal guitar for blues/rock performance.  BTW, it has a bolt-on, pocket neck attachment (ala' Fender strat/tele)...

Good sound, will use it in the long program Saturday night.... will post something on it next week..

the best,

Wichita Sam

Views: 310

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

here a pic of the added tailpiece cover/drawer pull.... whatdaya think?

Wichita Sam said:
Thanks for the positive comments.... this CBG was the workhorse for an hour and twenty minute program last night. performed as well and the player... (blush, smile, hehehe). Before the show, I added a chrome drawl pull as a cover for the hard lail... will post pic later....

I now have a CBG that really will let me grow as a performer.... happy me......

the best,

Wichita Sam

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Nut

Started by Bill Andy in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by Taffy Evans on Sunday. 6 Replies

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->