Thought I might start a discussion around what kind of workspace cbg buffs craft their intruments. For those like myself,who rent in a small unit you couldn't swing a cat in,it can be difficult working without trashing the carpet etc.I'm sure some of you folks have work benches etc to make a newb like me salivate. I'll get the ball rollin and say I did my first build in the bathroom mostly, on top of the washing machine. And a coffee table by the T.V. I throw a big plastic sheet on the carpet under it to catch sawdust etc.Needless to say I have trashed the washing machine lid and top of coffee table.And a few old books to cut on. Come on folks.I am sure someone has a story bout makin a cbg in bed. Or in the Loo he he he

Views: 1845

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I work in 1/2 of a 2 car garage. I have a wall shelf and 3 homemaded benches, 2 from recycled pallets.
Attachments:

I have a good size shop that is slowly but sherly coming together. only my heated section is my woodworking area, its kinda small compared to the rest of the shop but it works well, and keeps getting better the more organized I get :)

Holy Cow Justin. What a setup. Hard core
Tell me Justin. How did you embed pics in your post?

da da! You got me thinkin Way. I don't have a toolbar. So I uploaded to Imgur (no signup required), upload pic.It uploads and gives a selection of link types. Chose "HTML Image". Copy and paste link. Great. No where I gonna eat my meals.he he
Cool
Lol, I'm trying to be do things more safely so maybe I won't bleed on every build lol

I live in an rv and am always on the move traveling the country, so my workspace is a picnic table underneath the awning of my rv wherever I am camped out. It's nice to work outdoors, but sometimes it gets windy and starts blowing stuff around. I usually can't work on rainy days, and I have to quit by 8 because the sound of my dremel as I was told resonates from the side of my rig. All in all I am happy with my traveling studio. Last week I was able to look out at mesas and a deep canyon while I worked while day dreaming about cowboy movies. 

That sounds nice

My workbench is in the corner of the garage. (I'll post a photo when I can.) I do most work there. I have a shop building, but there's no electricity yet, so it's mostly parts storage. There's an old steel office desk out there where I do some planning...plenty of room to spread things out and decide how I want them to (hopefully) fit together.

I work out of my 10 x 10 shed and out of my office. The Shed is crowded with too many tools and stuff that I've aquired over the years, and the office workbench is meant for my computer work. Right now both areas are so cluttered with parts for my builds, thata I have to search for everything wwhen I need it.

I used to be so organized...........

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Latest Activity

AGP # posted photos
10 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Doug Thorsvik's video
Thumbnail

200th Zoom Meeting and feeling “The Weight”: 3D Printed Cigar Box Guitar

"Thanks BrianQ! We will keep the Slingerized covers coming!"
13 hours ago
Gary O'slide posted a video
15 hours ago
AGP # liked Rich's photo
15 hours ago
AGP # liked Doug Thorsvik's video
15 hours ago
Keith Rearick liked Doug Thorsvik's video
17 hours ago
Keith Rearick liked Gary O'slide's video
17 hours ago
Keith Rearick liked Dogleg Steve's video
17 hours ago
17 hours ago
17 hours ago
Keith Rearick liked Poorness Studios's video
17 hours ago
Keith Rearick liked Gary O'slide's video
17 hours ago

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->