The Most Beautiful Music You'll Hear from Soup Cans & Pallet Wood

Check out this homemade version of a Cymbalum, the traditional hammered dulcimer from Hungary.  This one was made with just soup cans and pallet wood.

Views: 5882

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hauntingly beautiful and some really nice playing too, wow!

OMG, that was incredible!
It sounds sooooo good.
I need to learn more about how It is made.

Shane

Lovely stuff, just beautiful! Most of Michael Caines' 60's films would have been so much better with a soundtrack using that I am sure. Looks like i'll be eating a lot more beans from now on- should be able to flarp in time for a goodly while.

Tom Stanley.

What a great vid. He's got a pretty interesting website and YouTube feed as well. Link to his CBG

Since we are taking a trip around the world today I'm surprised no one has posted the Yaybahar yet. Ed Stilley meets Arabian Nights

Campbell-um if using Campbell's soup cans? Or Can-balum (whoa Black Betty)? 

The first one is always free....

Okay Shane, where are the plans?

I'm waiting for Paul Craig to build one and document the whole thing.  ;)

Ah ha, I got too many things going on right now and I'm running out of room for stuff. But it is tempting.

Do I hear quarter tone tunings in that thing?

Found some plans to make one, however this one is a lot more elaborate. But from this you can get an idea of how they are made and tuned. The one in the video is a lot easier to build since it only has 7 stings.http://www.si.edu/Encyclopedia_SI/nmah/hdmake.htm

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->