Please post pictures of your contest submissions here. Be sure to include any pertinent information about your instrument that you think others, including the judges, would enjoy knowing.

Good luck and good building!!!

Views: 29226

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Here's my entry. It's the second guitar I've made. This one is from scratch. Cedar box, top and bottom. Poplar neck, and oak fingerboard. It has brass accents all around with a peizo pick up installed.

Micheal,

Nice build.  I've been looking for similar soundhole covers for some Asian-themed builds I'm doing.  Can you tell me where you got yours?  Thanks.

Hal

Michael Cuell said:

Here's my entry. It's the second guitar I've made. This one is from scratch. Cedar box, top and bottom. Poplar neck, and oak fingerboard. It has brass accents all around with a peizo pick up installed.

I got the covers at Lee Valley. Here's the link (item D):

http://www.leevalley.com/en/hardware/page.aspx?p=48670&cat=3,49938

Hal, you should look at some Japanese tsuba off of swords for sound hole covers. You can get some for very little money on ebay and there is a large selection of some very nice designs.

Thank you, Russ!  I'll look into that as well.  I tried searching the Lee Valley site and was overwhelmed Michael!

A Russell Eight Spades CBG said:

Hal, you should look at some Japanese tsuba off of swords for sound hole covers. You can get some for very little money on ebay and there is a large selection of some very nice designs.

Here is my entry.  While I have had cheaper builds with whatever parts I could scrounge up, I wanted to make something that would showcase some of the great products available to builders.  Here a is rundown on the parts:

Walnut fretboard by Mike Orr

Old Lowe resonator, sound hole covers, and tailpiece

Ted Crocker Gold Nugget piezo pickup with volume pot

Sealed gold tuners from C.B. Gitty

Designcraft Industries handmade cigar box

This is a three string, with the strings being in sets (like a 12-string guitar).  The braided strap runs into the body.

It was a fun build and it sounds great

Attachments:

Here are two more pictures.  Thanks, Joe Stidham

Attachments:

Here's my entry, which also happens to be my fifth dulcimer build.

Base is a Chateau Fuente "Lost City" box with offset tuners on a spalted Ambrosia Maple neck and red oak fretboard.  Uses standard dulcimer strings and has a piezo pickup and endpin-style jack due to the thickness of the box.

Attachments:

Purchased:

8" drum skin

Ebay loaded neck

Piezo and Volume pot

Made from scratch:

The box jointed box(1/8" Baltic Birch)

Tension Ring(1/8" Aluminum)

Tailpiece(1/8" Aluminum)

Volume Knob

I am really pleased with the sound and especially the acoustic volume. It was a lot of fun to build, and it is even more fun to play!

very nice ,is that a cigar box ?

My Submission.....new to the site, but i have been lurking for a while.  This lefty Cohiba was a Christmas gift for my brother-in-law.  Poplar neck with red oak fretboard. Saddles and nut are made from solid surface counter top sample.  The rest of the bridge is made from leftover oak from the fretboard and aluminum angle with machine screws for adjustment.  Pickup from CB Gitty with volume and tone controls.  I wanted a nice clean electric guitar feel. I hated to give her away......

Here is my entry, a benson and hedges box with indian rosewood neck and headplate and a madag. ebony for the fingerboard with a wood inlay at the 12th fret. All the non wood parts are from StewMac. I got a piezo under the bridge and a economy humbucker that sounds like hell. A cute 6strings ready for metal!!! I made it for my lil shredder brother. Hope you like it!!!

Gueze

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->