Please post pictures of your contest submissions here. Be sure to include any pertinent information about your instrument that you think others, including the judges, would enjoy knowing.

Good luck and good building!!!

Views: 29226

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

How are we adding the 5 photos??

Almost done with mine do i post all five prosses pic.and the final cbg all in one post?

The best way is to put them into a message post in this thread, and make sure they are visible like the other ones here. It just makes it easier for the judges if they don't have to click on a bunch of image links.

MickyMojo said:

How are we adding the 5 photos??

Sure.

c storz said:

Almost done with mine do i post all five prosses pic.and the final cbg all in one post?

Hook

Attachments:

HERE IS MY ENTRY

This was a very neat build to do...

A good friend of mine had this Vega Gold Cigar box that he had from his son's wedding...On night he showed up in my shop with is and said he thought it might make a cool CBG, since he had seen some of my work during Christmas of  2010...I had really just been CBG bug bitten and thought the box would indeed make a fine instrument....It had an odd shape (Like a gold Brick), not really knowing what to do with it.... so it sat and sat for some time...I had a few ideas...but none really seemed to fit...Then I thought of the broom sticks for a neck( on sale a H Dept for 50 cents each) having seen it done many times before thinking that would be cool.   Then the box sat some more evolving more and more in my head

Though the box came together slowly it was worth it at the end...Two piezo pups located in the bridge and where the box meets the neck...Sounds awesome.. The under the strings capo is easy to change keys...opted for it instead of a sharpie pen...

Had to carve out the places where the tuners would go...the Dremel came in handy for that.... 

Added two photos for a total of five

This was a very neat build to do...

A good friend of mine had this Vega Gold Cigar box that he had from his son's wedding...On night he showed up in my shop with is and said he thought it might make a cool CBG, since he had seen some of my work during Christmas of  2010...I had really just been CBG bug bitten and thought the box would indeed make a fine instrument....It had an odd shape (Like a gold Brick), not really knowing what to do with it.... so it sat and sat for some time...I had a few ideas...but none really seemed to fit...Then I thought of the broom sticks for a neck( on sale a H Dept for 50 cents each) having seen it done many times before thinking that would be cool.   Then the box sat some more evolving more and more in my head

Though the box came together slowly it was worth it at the end...Two piezo pups located in the bridge and where the box meets the neck...Sounds awesome.. The under the strings capo is easy to change keys...opted for it instead of a sharpie pen...

Had to carve out the places where the tuners would go...the Dremel came in handy for that....

Well, here is my entry to the Builders Challenge. 

This is my first cigar box 8 string mandolin and I love it.  I carved the neck out of a redwood 2x4. I installed a piece of

the redwood in the box end to end and used a 3" long heavy wood screw to attach the neck to the box.  The fretboard

and wire is from Stewmac and it was really easy to install the wire.  The tension is no problem at all - it is really strong

after installing D'Addario J62 strings.  I am surprised at how good it does sound.  Considering it's a cigar box it does sound really good.   One more thing - I'm a girl - so ladies you can do this too!  I love playing old bowlbacks so this is a treat.

Attachments:

Like your little mandolin.It just looks right if you know what I mean ?

Fran said:

Well, here is my entry to the Builders Challenge. 

This is my first cigar box 8 string mandolin and I love it.  I carved the neck out of a redwood 2x4. I installed a piece of

the redwood in the box end to end and used a 3" long heavy wood screw to attach the neck to the box.  The fretboard

and wire is from Stewmac and it was really easy to install the wire.  The tension is no problem at all - it is really strong

after installing D'Addario J62 strings.  I am surprised at how good it does sound.  Considering it's a cigar box it does sound really good.   One more thing - I'm a girl - so ladies you can do this too!  I love playing old bowlbacks so this is a treat.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->