Show us that special place you go to build your creations. It may be small it may be large but it has the vibe to get you going

Views: 3631

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I explain to my customers that my CBG's are built in a Genuine tenn mountain hillbilly shop,the real thing. I then explain that my shop has REAL tenn, dirt as the floor and is ventilated ( holes in the walls and roof naturally).
When sometimes I show pics of my shop people are so amazed that ANYTHING that is playable could possibly come out of this shop I think it helps sell product LOL.
It could maybe do with a little cleaning up but that would destroy its charm, ( if it has any) lol
Attachments:
Thanks for the picture. Any place is better than no place. The best ideas come from the most strangest places

Roger Martin said:
I explain to my customers that my CBG's are built in a Genuine tenn mountain hillbilly shop,the real thing. I then explain that my shop has REAL tenn, dirt as the floor and is ventilated ( holes in the walls and roof naturally).
When sometimes I show pics of my shop people are so amazed that ANYTHING that is playable could possibly come out of this shop I think it helps sell product LOL.
It could maybe do with a little cleaning up but that would destroy its charm, ( if it has any) lol
Shawn said:
what ever works is what i
i say. is that a wood bowl and a pie pan that looks like the makings of a bowljo?

You got it: the ring is half of a salad bowl; the dish is a Civil War era (I think) tin mess plate. I'm calling it "Soldier's Joy" in my head. I strung it up for the first time last night: need to lower the face of the plate somehow, but I think it will be fun to play.
Wes Yates said:
Kalimba. Heh. Nice.

And great space! You needs you a band saw.

I'm too chicken to use heavy-duty power tools: I would have to quit drinking beer while working. :) The kalimba needs some work on "intonation" yet: I will likely finish all the "stick" instruments you see before I get back to it.
LMAO!!!

But then again, you would have to quit the beer -- which would negate the necessity of it all.

-Wes

Tres Seaver said:
Wes Yates said:
Kalimba. Heh. Nice.

And great space! You needs you a band saw.

I'm too chicken to use heavy-duty power tools: I would have to quit drinking beer while working. :) The kalimba needs some work on "intonation" yet: I will likely finish all the "stick" instruments you see before I get back to it.
Here ya go... my lil thrown together 'workshop'. Gotta get another sawhorse and my router table setup.. but in the two weeks its been setup its been my refuge!!

Man, that's a nice lathe there... I think. Looks like you need a shop maid like me.
Roosterman said:
Lathe, soldering iron, drill, belt sander, jigsaw, vice - all arranged in a handy, easy to access manner :o)

Carving out your turf feels good "yes". It gives a us a place to be bad!
marcianx said:
Here ya go... my lil thrown together 'workshop'. Gotta get another sawhorse and my router table setup.. but in the two weeks its been setup its been my refuge!!

An organized shop is the product of a sick mind.... Merry Christmas you crazy elf..... ;-)
Shawn said:

well here it is

My workshop is scattered around an unfinished end of the basement, just off the family room. The picture is my favorite place, where the music happens. The link is a slideshow of a 360* tour. Not shown in the "heavy equipment" (table saw, band saw, router, and table top sander) that is out in the garage.
http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj317/WichitaSam/?action=view&am... It is the cleanest you would ever see it... straightened up for Christmas company. the best, Wichita Sam

Shawn- its gets pretty cooooolllllllldlddddddd in here!
Attachments:
Well that looks cozy. nice lay out.cool work area

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->