All the wiring diagrams I see have a tone pot in the diagram..unless only 1 pickup is used.. Need some help wiring 4 simple humbuckers together. NO TONE pot...
I'm not sure if the diagram exists and I really don't know if it should be parallel or series.
Just trying to come up with a cool electric instrument with about 4-6 humbuckers , volume (ground) and jack. No tone.
Thank you

Views: 2452

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No tone pot (drawing got cut off) ? .. Still this is amazing.

No tone pot in the drawing, that was the ground wires coming together to the volume pot.

both reply and drawing got cut off? Thank you
I get it with the 4 pickups and switches ...just wanted to know if there was a tone at the cut off part. I don't think so...but I guess I could just study. These diagrams are priceless.

no, the picture is just a little wider than the frame allocated to display it.  click the photo of the wiring diagram paul pasted and it will open and let you see the whole diagram.

BTW, EXCELLENT diagram Paul, TXH!

LOL

All too familiar ..nah. Almost.

Hahahaha

Love the diagram Wayfinder, accurate to a fault!

BTW, where do you get your component clip art?

may now do a tone pot after all ..never have. Is a capacitor necessary? If so what kind..does the type depend on the pot type 250k, 500k etc? Not sure what capacitor it's used for. Thx

With HB's you'll want a A500k for volume, a B500k for tone and a.022uf cap. This is the norm for HB's. You could use 250k pots for brighter tone of 1meg pots for dark tone. Tone cap is necessary and the values can be changed: lower values for brighter tone - higher values for darker tones. Just depends on your likes.

I would start with the normal 500k pots with a .022 cap and make changes later if you want.

Great thanks for this!

no problem.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Nut

Started by Bill Andy in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by Bill Andy 9 hours ago. 5 Replies

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->