Anybody know where I can obtain some large cigar boxes? All I seem to be able to get are around 9" x 6" x 2". I'm looking for something a bit larger, say around 18" long x 9" wide but they seem to elude me.

When I search the net about CBG's I see all these guys with nice big boxes in the pictures, where are they getting them from?

Views: 2857

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thought it was a big big for cigar box!

I guess I'm just a bit paranoid that mine isn't as big as everyone else's (can't believe I just said that)

This is my first build and I want to get it right I have a nice Punch box that I think will do 10"x7"x2"

thanks for all your replies.

Rod (c'mon, is that your real name?),

Sometimes a cigar box is just a cigar box. Your Freudian slip is showing >:-E

Use that Punch box, its a great box. I have made a few from that one and they all worked out well.

Rod (c'mon, is that your real name?),

afraid so

Rod (your real name),

You knew I was kidding, right? 

With a name like that, you should be able to get any size box you want:-)

I butt 2 cigar boxes together to obtain the size I need sometimes. Wine boxes are an option as well as chess and silverware boxes

I have the same problem, trying to get a decent size CIGAR box is damn near impossible so I just make my own out of 6mm red oak for the sides and ceder ply for the top and bottom, that way I cane make them any size I want. you could even print up cigar brand pics and past them on your diy box for that authentic look.

regards

Walt

I agree with Michael. use the Punch box. Every guitar player wants a little "Punch" in their music!

the best of the best are on ebay!

The local shop has a box of Cohiba Gigante tubed. Man, those are some nice big boxes. I'm going to have to watch it and buy the last couple cigars to get it.

Here's a nice big box on the bay: Measures 17.0 wide x 7.25 deep x 5.0 high

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rocky-Patel-Rough-Wood-Very-Large-Wood-Ciga...

Yeah, when I see those big boxes like that, I begin attempting to rationalize buying the whole box full. Hard to do since I dont smoke! And I could probably build a couple of NICE cedar or spruce box for what it would cost! And yet........

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->