Today my partner worked so I got to play..... If I messed anything up or could have done it better please let me know..... The history is that I had a coor's light beach (beer holder/cooler) that had this board inside that let you hook up your music device using a 3mm plug in. I ripped it out and used the speaker in a cigar box amp. As it is NOW I put it in a cigar box using 2 4 ohm speakers wired to 8 ohms. I cut the battery black and soldered each end to an off on switch I had pulled from something else (it works).

As you can see top center is a piezo type speaker..... on the board itself the speaker wires and the piezo thingy are soldered to separate location on the board..... as this is toooooo loud for home use I want to add a volume control that is where I am lost......

I know it is tough just looking at a pic, but can you send me in the right direction to add the volume control, I would like the volume control to control all three speakers..... PLEASE keep in mind I am a total ... I would use the word idiot (but I got this far on my own)...... so please keep in very simple..... even if you have to pull out your crayons.....

Views: 426

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Scott's sketch is on the money, all you are doing is adding a vol pot to the input line, plus he added a 1/4" jack socket in place of the 1/8" one you've cut off, your speakers are already hooked to the amp, so that configuration must be ok, i think you might be over thinking it, the only wires that need attention are the ones where you've cut the 1/8" socket off Iassume the 2 wires going down and right are to your switch and battery connection, is so, the 2 going down and left are most likely the mp3 input line, if so, that is where you hook in the vol pot, then to your new 1/4" jack socket

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->