I really started working on it.

I cut the box to fit the neck on both ends.
Will then decide on how I do the headstock, make it, then will glue the freboard.

I want to keep it simple, but do what it needs to play well and sound good.

More to come

Views: 2133

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That looks great, that's a great job Gilles.

Thanks Paul,

Still need to make the finish a bit more brown than amber I think.
But I will work on that later.

I put some strings on and will work on the bone nut and the bridge now.
I am tired of working on the color and need to hear it now...

Nice artwork. It's looking great, but I agree with you, I just want to hear it with strings on it.Can't wait for the finished product.

Today, I began to work on the strings spacing, cut the grooves in the nut and adjust the height of the strings.

I like the acoustic feeling which is not the same of my other one. It is a neck through so the sound is thigher, but my goal is a guitar with some character and it will all fit well with the Flatpup that I already tried before.

And as I want to play it in Blues Jams, I want to be able to get a dirtier sound if I want to.

Here is a photo with my helper/superviser

Back to work now...
Attachments:

Your supervisor will hock a hairball on it if you don't do it right. Or you'll find it in the litterbox if your playing isn't up to par. Hahaha 

Hahaha... you're right.
He went right under the bed when I tried it...
I must say that it's still not perfectly tuned yet.

And he stayed around when I tried a new vacuum cleaner that I just bought.
Ouch...

Always a critic around. LOL

I'll use the pickup as a guide for the strings spacing.

The 2 holes are for a volume control and a switch.
I have a plate ready for the 1/4" jack
Attachments:

absolutely gorgeous...

I'm still trying to saw a straight line..ha ha ha.

Thanks a lot.

A straight line? No need to. Buy a kit...

It's the best way to learn, and it's FUN

The problem is to know when to stop...
I just taped the pickup to the guitar to do a quick test before I keep on working on the nut and the bridge and recoded a short audio with the guitar played with a slide.

It was just a test, not a real performance or a song...

I just wanted to give you an idea of the sound of the Flatpup on the guitar.

I love it. Nice fat sound. It has the same level than the single coil bridge Pickups on my Teles, but without the hum.
Attachments:
And this is a Tele with the same amp in front of the iPad
Attachments:

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Nut

Started by Bill Andy in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by Bill Andy yesterday. 5 Replies

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Latest Activity

AGP # liked A.D.EKER's photo
23 minutes ago
AGP # liked A.D.EKER's photo
24 minutes ago
AGP # liked Poorness Studios's video
25 minutes ago
AGP # commented on AGP #'s photo
Thumbnail

AGP #533 - ''Beware of Wife''

""Thanks 'UJ' & Doug, Needless To Say!, "She Is Not Amused" ;-D"
27 minutes ago
BrianQ. replied to Bill Andy's discussion Copper Hardware
"There’s a company named Guyker that makes antique bronze tuners, they look like an old penny,…"
1 hour ago
Gary O'slide posted a video
2 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's photo
Thumbnail

Decoration on the Spider & Frog

"Thanks Doug Glad you Do !"
2 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's photo
Thumbnail

Decoration on the Spider & Frog

"Thanks UJ !  GG (high) D, G .  only i reversed the stings On top is not the G (low) but…"
2 hours ago
BrianQ. liked Poorness Studios's video
3 hours ago
BrianQ. liked Doug Thorsvik's video
3 hours ago
BrianQ. liked Glenn Kaiser's photo
3 hours ago
Carl Floyd replied to Bill Andy's discussion Copper Hardware
5 hours ago

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->