Hi,

When ordering everything I needed I neglected to get some ferrules for the tail to fit the strings through. I was just planning on drilling holes in the tail for the strings. What options can be found at a place like HD or lowes or even someplace like michaels? Is there anything out there I could just go pick up?

Thanks for any ideas!
Mike

Views: 1459

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And you can find them in a whole range of anodized colors!

ball ends off old strings.

countersunk and redrilled hardwood twigs

Did the pop rivet thing and did Riv-nuts a threaded pop rivet thing at Menards and HD they allow the brass hoop on the string to recess in and not be sticking out I think I used the 6-32 thread one. will take a picture tonight.

Picture of riv-nuts mounted in back of cbg . Gives countersunk string ends. There is a brass tube insert on the top side where the strings come out the inserts are in the plumbing section and used to stiffen a poly tube so it can be used in a compression fitting.
Attachments:
Brass tube inserts on top of Gitty
Attachments:
Very cool. Thx for the pictures.
Thanks for the reply. When you say redrilled hardwood twigs I am not sure I can picture that. Do you a photo of one?

Thanks again!
Mike

I like it. (the ball-end re-use) Gotta' give it a try...

I really like to embed a fret or finishing nail in the tailpiece then drill the string holes right behind it.  The string breaks over the fret wire or nail and doesn't cut into the wood.  You can do this if the strings go through the box instead of an extended tailpiece section too.  I have also cut off a short section of angle aluminum and drilled the string holes through that.

Just a couple things to think of instead of eyelets and similar.

excellent thanks Eric.  I plan on doing multiple builds so want to try different options.  thanks again!

yeah that works real good, you can drill from the bottom of that fret slot and tunnel a ground connection up from under, I've done it a bunch of times

heres one

think i pinched that from Dianne Chicago or maybe Tiny

I like that little stash compartment.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Nut

Started by Bill Andy in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by Taffy Evans yesterday. 6 Replies

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->