I’ve been making cbg for a little of a year now, have 22 under my belt, a website, etc, getting better and better with my craft but I have seemed to get uninspired and not wanting to get in the shop and make them anymore.  After my 8th one I started making them to sell and maybe that what got me in this slump.   Since January I’ve only made 2 which is the second one is only 75% complete now it just sits there and I don’t have the inspiration or “will” to want to build anymore.

I’m asking all those that make tons to sell, what do you do to keep inspired and keep going, money is always a good push when one sells, but how to get out of this slump???

Views: 1464

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

lol

Yep! I've had people expect them for free because they are made from cheap parts. I've never charged for my effort, but the parts need to be paid for, bloody freeloaders lol.

Yup,  I have to let em sit a while, but like Randy, I like to go back and improve old builds - change if not improve.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->