This is the thread for posting your submissions to the CBN blues album. 

Use the Attach Files link at the bottom left to post your song.

Please use MP3 format.

Views: 2386

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This may have to be a double album set!

my blues submission  -- kinda  deep  ..  grab some tissue   http://www.cigarboxnation.com/video/school-bus-13

Sorry uploaded incorrect versions here are the best ones of Bedwarmer Revolution Blues and Old wheels

In colab with Bemuzic and Clock

Sorry here are the correct versions of Old Wheels and Bedwarmer Blues

Attachments:

Cool stuff, this bed warmer blues. Industrial music meets the White Stripes and punk attitude...

wow, The White Stripes, cool!!

These are the Best versions sorry

Ok, Dan, looks like you have a lot of submissions already, but heres my meager attempt if you choose to use it!

I was going to do something else, but simply have not had time. So here lies Sl-eazy (slow and easy), Featuring Bemusic! Its a slow instrumental based on the 12 bar blues tutorial thread I have been working on in the CBG Nation recording studio group. It was originally intended as something for people to play along with and practice their chops to an easy slow 12 bar form, and for those who chose to, they could record and upload a track of them playing along for fun and recording practice.

Belinda was quick to upload a nice searing slide riff, and I recorded a bunch of tracks too, and mixed it all together. Its kind of cool to note that both Belinda and myself never played to this song, but to another altogether, while an ocean apart, and I used those tracks to create this song. At one point I realized the song was very short and I wanted some measures to strum along before going to Belinda to "play it out." Then later I realized with the dragging slow tempo and little tension/resolution to make it interesting it had gotten far too long at a little over 5 minutes, (and may have exceeded the file size for Ning too) So I tediously re-edited it to pare the length down a little. (I prefer to keep songs to a maximum of 3.5 minutes, maybe 4, and this thing still came out at about 4.5).  But to keep it interesting we do have Belinda's ending to look foward too. I also added far more effects than I usually do, but it was just for fun, and I did learn a lot of new tricks along the way, and intend to share those in the future as well.

Boy that was a long winded explanation eh?

So here it is, Sl-ezy, featuring Bemusic!

Belinda: Lead guitar track. 3 string cigar box guitar

Mark: rhythm and bass tracks, homemade cigar box guitars

Mark: percussion tracks, home made cardboard box "drums" and saucepan lid "cymbal"

Mark: Laptop, DAW software, USB mic, Interface, editing, mixing, more editing, more mixing, more coffee............

Attachments:

Hi Dan,

I just finished my track, If you have to only use one of my submission please use this one instead of the Moe's Tavern submission from a couple days ago. This is an original tune called No Escapin' Blues. Its played on my 3 String Thompson CBG tuned BbFBb and the leads trade off between this same guitar on slide and my 6 string Smokin' Axe Silverware box guitar. Thanks for putting this together its going to be a great album!

Attachments:

I thought I'd throw on an old standard that you see around these parts too often. 8-String CBG used tuned Dd-Gg-bb-dd. Some of you may have seen it in York.

Attachments:

Nice!! I'd forgotten you were a horn guy.

Thanks to everyone for their submissions.

I am going to start assembling the album, and hope to have it all done by the end of the week. I will post a download link to the Zip file when I have it completed. It is kind of a tedious process, because I have to rename the tracks, add any missing Tag information, and run the whole album through MP3 Gain to normalize the volume of all the tracks, since they have widely varying volume levels. It can be really annoying when you constantly have to turn the volume up and down. 

Dan

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->