All Discussions Tagged 'neck' (53)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

major problems with my uke. FIX MY NECK!

I have only just put on a discussion about trying to find strings for this ukulele because i thought i was on the home stretch. unfortunate…

Started by St Ginger

5 Apr 15, 2012
Reply by David L.

Neck varnish

Hello! I'm building my first cigar box guitar and I'm a little stuck with what to do with varnishing the neck. I have bought some Ronseal…

Started by Rob T

21 Feb 11, 2012
Reply by Ron "Oily" Sprague

No neck angle; strings too high

I built my first CBG in about 10 builds where I used a straight neck instead of a scarf joint for a neck angle, and now I really appreciate…

Started by Dave Onastik

23 Nov 2, 2011
Reply by Fred Railsback

Where to buy materials

First of all I was wondering where to buy cigar boxes and wood for the neck. There is a website  called thompsons cigars where they sell th…

Started by Mich

14 Apr 14, 2011
Reply by Bill McCahill

I need fix my neck!

I need a way to raise my neck or to do something so that my string wont slap when I'm playing. I'm still in the building process. i burned…

Started by parker Snook

5 Feb 27, 2011
Reply by parker Snook

tin box, attaching the neck to the tin

i found 2 examples of how tin boxes are attached to the necks. the first has some kind of frame inside the box and the second has a support…

Started by paul

42 Jan 23, 2011
Reply by Rand Moore

Is a 40mm wide neck too thin for a 3-stringer?

My Uncle-in-law kindly gave me some oak and elm to use for CBG necks, and cut it to size.  Annoyingly I told him slightly the wrong dimensi…

Started by J-Hob

12 Sep 24, 2010
Reply by YeahDoIt

How to unglue ukulele neck

Hi everyone,I have a ukulele on which only neck is good and I want to unglue it from the soundcase so I can re-use the neck for another pro…

Started by LittleBigOne

4 Sep 16, 2010
Reply by Ben

Yo 6 string builders

I was wondering what most of you use for the neck; (1) The usual 1 x 2(2) Something larger like a 1 x 4(3) Do most of you put truss rods in…

Started by Douglas Eric Marsalis

10 Aug 19, 2010
Reply by Dave Onastik

4 string neck width

Need some opinions on whether or not I can get by with the typical 1 x 2 piece of oak for a four (4) string neck. Do you think the strings…

Started by Tim Fleischer

10 Jan 14, 2010
Reply by Wes "I'm Baaaaack" Yates

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->