Don Thompson's Discussions (282)

Discussions Replied To (281) Replies Latest Activity

"I prefer magnetics, however I don't care for his use of six string pickups, they loo…"

Don Thompson replied Mar 5, 2011 to New to the forum w/question on piezo pickups

16 Mar 7, 2011
Reply by Don Thompson

"Aluminum will clog it up. Not recommended for metals. Don"

Don Thompson replied Feb 27, 2011 to Dremel diamond cutting wheel

7 Feb 28, 2011
Reply by Dan Sleep

"I would just shellac or varnish the interior. Some years ago I did a side by side te…"

Don Thompson replied Feb 20, 2011 to a 50-year old box and a question.

6 Feb 21, 2011
Reply by J Cramer

"Each to their own they say. No way I would not have a volume control handy. Tone con…"

Don Thompson replied Feb 18, 2011 to Help with wiring

8 Feb 18, 2011
Reply by unbroken chain

"I don't see a problem with a seperate box but I don't understand the why. Where is y…"

Don Thompson replied Feb 18, 2011 to Help with wiring

8 Feb 18, 2011
Reply by unbroken chain

"MAd Max"

Don Thompson replied Feb 11, 2011 to Resonator body size

5 Feb 11, 2011
Reply by Don Thompson

"I do like the machine look of these, also I'll have to see if I can find a link to o…"

5 Feb 11, 2011
Reply by Don Thompson

"Will, You might notice the fingerboard stops at the edge of the can so the scale len…"

5 Feb 11, 2011
Reply by Don Thompson

"Will, Here's my suggestion, check out oil can guitars. This link shows how the neck…"

5 Feb 11, 2011
Reply by Don Thompson

"I have to assume you are using a piezo hence the feedback problems. Wouldn't happen…"

Don Thompson replied Feb 10, 2011 to CBG with built in amp and speaker

11 Feb 10, 2011
Reply by Tom Caneschi aka cbg tom

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->