Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion (5,583)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Transducer feedback

I am geting some wicked feed back with the transduceres I am using....what can I use for sheilding...something cheap I can find around home…

Started by Jerryrig240

4 Aug 18, 2009
Reply by Jkevn

bolting on a neck - Red Alert!

The CBGers lament: Given it all to do again, I'd do things differently, but here we are. I've got my fiddle neck ready to install but just…

Started by Diane in Chicago

27 Aug 17, 2009
Reply by Paul Doug

? Help a newbie

I've got a couple of boxes, but would love to hear some ideas re: what to build, 4 or 6 string and what scale length. Keep in mind I'm a be…

Started by Michael Morris

12 Aug 17, 2009
Reply by Ben

Neck connection to cigar box question

I was wondering, the portion of the neck that gets glued to the underside of the cigar box, has anyone tried scooping some of the neck out…

Started by Michael Carnright

8 Aug 17, 2009
Reply by Dave Onastik

drum/bass rhythm machine

Hi folks, got some cash to spend and wanting some kind of drum and bass rhythm machine that I can jam/practice guitar with and looking for…

Started by smojo

7 Aug 16, 2009
Reply by Jerryrig240

C-28 (first build)

Hi everyone! I posted some photos of my first build in an album on my page. It's a work in progress. I'm calling it a "C-28," because toda…

Started by Jenny

3 Aug 16, 2009
Reply by Jenny

I'm wanting to build a bass CBG any advice???

For my next build I'm wanting to build a bass, but I have a couple of concerns. 1 - Will a piece of 2 x 1 oak be able to withstand the pre…

Started by Tallman Ben

10 Aug 16, 2009
Reply by Tres Seaver

How did you get here?

I don't remember what I was lookin for when I saw a picture of a CBG and lost my grip on normalcy. I just know I was bitten and smitten and…

Started by Jkevn

25 Aug 16, 2009
Reply by HOGS GRUNT

Questions, Questions, Questions?!?

I am beginning to build my very first Cigar Box guitar. I have almost all of the materials gathered but I have a few questions before I sta…

Started by Jim138

16 Aug 15, 2009
Reply by Darwin Gentry

Just wanted to say a big thank you to all at the nation.

Thanks to all of you for putting photo's of your wonderful CBG's on here. I've just lost my virginity, and built my first CBG, and now can'…

Started by Tallman Ben

4 Aug 15, 2009
Reply by Darwin Gentry

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Latest Activity

Doug Thorsvik posted a video

Shout with Joy to God: 2-String Chugger License Plate Cigar Box Guitar

Cigar Box Guitar Slingers - Spokane, 199th Zoom Mtg 04/22/24. Only 1-finger chords, free songbooks here: https://www.cbgslinger.com/download CBG SOF Songbook...
45 minutes ago
A.D.EKER left a comment for David Hopkins
"They look a lot like the Roger Farrington creation's from 1980!"
1 hour ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

All You Got to do is put your Mind to it ! BCB - A .D .Eker 2024

"Yes he was ! Uncle John ! thank you for the like and kind comment ! Dang me !"
1 hour ago
Uncle John commented on Gary O'slide's video
Thumbnail

Acoustic folk box cigar box guitar @RhialtoPurple

"Nice.  Bright and sunshiny.  Feeling good music.  Thanks!"
2 hours ago
Uncle John commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

"Roger was extra special.    And fun. Wailing harp there, A.D.!    Good tribute!"
2 hours ago
Thumbnail

"    You can Rollerskate in a Buffalo Herd !!"
5 hours ago
5 hours ago
A.D.EKER posted a video

a Tribute to the Great lyricist Roger Miller ,a adapted version of the Tune " You cant Rollerskate in a Buffalo Herd " whit the refrein , on a four string c...
5 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's photo
Thumbnail

BCB Folding Backpacker 21,5 inch Scale

"Thank you all for the Like on the Picture ! appreciated !"
5 hours ago
A.D.EKER left a comment for Order99
"Thanks Order 99 for your take on the Tracks ! Glad you liked them ! much appreciated ! Kind…"
5 hours ago
Order99 liked Doug Thorsvik's video
10 hours ago
Order99 liked Gary O'slide's video
10 hours ago

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->