Many of you may have noticed the absence of Wayfinder in recent weeks. It appears that he has deleted all of his many postings and has withdrawn from CBN participation.

I recently hooked up with Wayfinder over at Handmade Music Clubhouse. He is still very much into building and testing cigar box designs, but for reasons of his own, decided to leave CBN.

He did ask that I pass along his apology for omitting many of his interesting test findings. Unfortunately, he did not retain personal copies of these postings, so is unable to pass them along for those that found them interesting and useful.

It is unfortunate that Wayfinder found it necessary to leave the site as he was (for me at least) one of the most interesting posters on the building forum. I understand that on an unmonitored board, there is always the chance that conflicts, disagreements and misunderstandings can arise between posters of radically diverse backgrounds and cultures. As a result, good people, from time to time, take their experience and wisdom and leave. When they do, we all lose.

So, for me the lesson is simple-->As Ellen says "Be kind to one another."

Views: 1825

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Eric is right about using your actual picture, and I use my actual name, not a nickname. I found Wayfinder an interesting person, with some peculiar ideas, but never disliked him. I hope I was not part of the issues that led him to leave suddenly. If so,and you are reading this, please accept my apology, WF. 

That being said, a forum where the only input is "cool," "neat," "good job," etc. is not really very useful to explore ideas, explode myths, and become better builders and musicians. If I say something, someone can always challenge me or ask for clarification. 

No one has any idea what a person's personal situation is, how they are feeling emotionally, and so on. And on the internet, really, so what if my feelings are hurt or I bend you out of joint over something that was only words on a screen? If my brilliant idea is really far from it, I am better for someone discussing it with me. If it is so important to me that I actually get hurt emotions when said idea gets correctly challenged, it was probably a very bad idea in the first place, and I should seek counseling for the real issues I may have. :)

I belong to a group where the only rule is 'don't be an arse..that's enough init?

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Latest Activity

A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

All You Got to do is put your Mind to it ! BCB - A .D .Eker 2024

"    You can Rollerskate in a Buffalo Herd !!"
1 hour ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
1 hour ago
A.D.EKER posted a video

All You Got to do is put your Mind to it ! BCB - A .D .Eker 2024

a Tribute to the Great lyricist Roger Miller ,a adapted version of the Tune " You cant Rollerskate in a Buffalo Herd " whit the refrein , on a four string c...
2 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's photo
Thumbnail

BCB Folding Backpacker 21,5 inch Scale

"Thank you all for the Like on the Picture ! appreciated !"
2 hours ago
A.D.EKER left a comment for Order99
"Thanks Order 99 for your take on the Tracks ! Glad you liked them ! much appreciated ! Kind…"
2 hours ago
Order99 liked Doug Thorsvik's video
6 hours ago
Order99 liked Gary O'slide's video
6 hours ago
Order99 liked Dar Stellabotta's video
6 hours ago
Order99 liked Glenn Kaiser's video
7 hours ago
7 hours ago
Order99 liked A.D.EKER's video
7 hours ago
7 hours ago

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->