UKETOBERFEST Submissions page - Win $75 CBGitty Gift Certificate

Welcome to Uketoberfest 2016!  It's a celebration of all things cigar box ukulele... from building secrets to awesome photos and videos.

We're looking to hear from you.  From October 3-16, we are asking for photos, videos and building tips of your best cigar box ukuleles.  Post them below!

Four random winners will receive $75 gift certificates to CBGitty.com.  We will draw the names on October 17 and announce them in the Cigar Box Nation weekly email.

Note:  By submitting you agree that your content may be used in Cigar Box Nation and C. B. Gitty feature stories and marketing.

Views: 4746

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Nice sound holes

Would you mind if I used that design in one of my builds?

not sure if you were meaning the soundholes in the Edge uke by me, but you know, we all learn and get ideas from each other- heck yea, use the soundholes and even make them better. Not sure if you noticed, but the soundhole on the top- the center part broke out. I didn't think at the time to break out the bottom one to make them match. LOL

I noticed but it's great design. It's given me a cool idea based on yours. 

cool, I look forward to seeing.

My Lil' Phillies cigar box Uke. Skeleton Key bridge, antique strainer ladle for tailpiece and a button fretmarker. I put a keyhole in the upper side as a sound hole. I matched the headstock with the box with paint and "P" label from the inside of the box.

Build #58 Island Jim #TWO electric uke. Oak fretboard and neck, black Walnut nut and bridge, 15 inch scale, friction tuners, 6pole single coil pickup with tone and volume. I used the 1, 2, 3 & 4 strings from a regular pack of acoustic guitar strings and tuned them to C,E,G & A. Shout out to Scott Thibeault for the help with that.

Attachments:

Nice adjusted bridge there 

Padron Uke, Concert Scale...

A couple of mine !!

Attachments:

Here's my addition. Handmade neck and fretboard, upcycled uke bridge and tuners. Custom paint by my student Cassandra. We call it "Full Moon Fever."

Oh, and it's electric!

Attachments:

Uke I made for my wife for Mother's Day this year.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->