WE CAN WORK IT OUT !

The CBN Revolution Beatles Tribute Album!

Send your full email address

not a link!

headed "please rush me link for Beatles Tribute Album"  to:

steventrowbridge@btinternet.com

to receive an  invite link for the Album!

...or send a PM with your FULL email address,

not a link..!

Folder to look for will be...

"CBG Revolution"

all in one folder now! 

PLEASE TRY NOT TO DELETE THE SONG FILES, JUST COPY THEM

UPLOADED THEM ALL UP AGAIN LAST NIGHT! (-:

HAPPY LISTENING!

Views: 6616

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So long as I can join in!!
I got some great ideas!!

Bug, ya CAn'T take part in a tribute to yerself! That's takin things TOO far, ma man ! lol lol

Now that we have the technical issues sorted out hopefully, I grabbed a 6 pack last night and listened all the way through.  In the spirit of positive feedback that this site is known for, here’s my review as I listened. 

Revolution (Nation) - Great collaboration and fitting for the Nation.  Begin the Revolution.

Dear Prudence (Slowpaw Steve)  - Fantasic vocals and effects.   We are off and running with one of my personal favorites.  Nice.

While My Guitar Gently Weeps (Loretta’s Lowneck Sweater)  - Best band name and a top notch recording/performance.  The CBG weeps for thee…

Yellow Submarine (407bug) - Bug was born on that Yellow Submarine right?  Either that or he is Pete Best.  Think about it.   Have you ever seen the two of them in the same room together?

Rocky Raccoon (Jason Dean Anderson) - One of my favorite Beatles songs.  Vocal effects fit great for this song and well played.  Thought of doing this one myself

Don't Let Me Down (Cris Portillo Jr.) - Love the reggae version.  Your guitars and vocals sound great as always.

You’ve Got to Hide Your Love Away (Uncle John and Linda) – The first couple of CBGs with one of their most lively performances.  Enough said.

When I’m Sixty Four (Seaman Jay) – A good friend of mine and big Beatles fan is turning 64 this year.  For as long as I’ve known him, he whistles this song throughout the day.  Doesn’t even know he’s doing it.  He’d love this and I do too.

Here Comes the Sun (Silent Jim) – A little Ritchie Havens and a lot of Silent Jim.  The voice is incredible.  The playing is too.

Yesterday (Loretta’s Lowneck Sweater) – Again, the best band name.  Well done solo acoustic.  Most covered song of all time I think and you do it well.

Nowhere Man (bemuzic) –  My favorite.  Music is subjective and it’s not a competition or anything, but this stands out to me.  Just about perfect.

Don’t Pass Me By (me) – Just trying to keep up.  Not quite happy with the mix or performance as always.  Glad to have a bunch of homemade instruments all on one recording.

Paperback Writer (Mark Fatt Max Hill) – Another first rate performance.  Great mix and use of instruments. 

Hard Day’s Night (RTZ) – Got the Lennon screams going on and everything.  Very nice and true to the original.  You nail the licks.

And I Love Her (Neil Edwards) – Pretty darn good for your first “real go” at recording.  The biscuit tin sounds great on this and I like the Djembe.

There’s A Place (Slowpaw Steve) – There’s a slow song in there for sure and you found it.  Very, very nice.

Girl (Phillip Robert) – Guitar tone is sweet and the dirge-like quality is wonderful.  Very CBG.

What a generous comment done!...this another great great work...

Very useful to give comments to my friends here in France...(they could feel mine not objective...maybe i'm not(lol))

...°<[:-) [---]==={... you re right about dirge-like style... i've got that idea after reading lyrics...giving more sense...

Thank you very much Turtlehead...°<[:-) [---]==={... 

Across the Universe (Henry H. Lowman III) – Perfectly psychedelic.  Very unique.  It had me mesmerized.

Helter Skelter (407bug) – OMG. Performance – check.  Guitar tone – check.  Freaking me out – check. This one is up there.

Lady Madonna (c#merle) - Nice recording and the guitars sound great.  I like the spoken word feel of the vocals.

She Said, She Said (Dave Onastik) – You just nail the guitars.  I wish I could play like that.  Another cool vocal effect on this one.

Tomorrow Never Knows (Nigel McTrustry) – Very nice.  True to the original and lots of layers.  Top shelf playing. 

In My Life (Katie In The Middle) – Nice to hear a female voice on this one.  The silverware box guitar strikes again.  Lovely.

Eleanor Rigby  (TPK & The Lonely People) – Another Wow.  Dramatic and cinematic.  Good and heavy.  Made me think Kid.

Norwegian Wood (Bluesheart) – It sounds just like a sitar.  A real sitar.  I love it.  So very well played and sung.

Blackbird (Andres) – One of those songs that somebody had to do.  I’m so glad you did it in a new way.  It sounds great.  I might have to give it a go in a similar style. 

And Your Bird Can Sing (The Muckland Crooners) – Love the live sound!  Feel like I’m in the Cavern or something.  Great playing and harmonies.

Hey Bulldog (407bug and Calim) – Calim’s vocals really put it over the top.  Another spooky one.

Birthday (The Final Punishment) – That baseline is right on.  A perfect song for the CBG done right. 

All My Loving (Seaman Jay) – Real nice playing and good sounding instrument.  I’m enjoying the instrumentals breaking it up a bit. 

Come Together (Mark Stowe and the Final Punishment) – There’s that bass again.  The guitars sound great too.  Another great song that is really cool for CBG.  I like that resonator sounding guitar a lot.

Fixing A Hole (407bug) – Bug just digs it the most of all of us.  He makes it more esoteric than the song was originally.  And his guitar growls at the same time.

I Feel Fine (malja101) –  I’m loving all the different sounds on the vocals.  Very Beatle-like this one.  Nice job with your equipment.

She’s A Woman (Jamie MacBlues) – Funky MacBlues.  You can bust out a tune.  The harp is a nice touch.  Relaxed and loose.  I’d love to hear this with a rhythm section.

Taxman (407bug) – The coin sounds make it.  Another good one Bug.

Get Back (Smooth Gravy) – Second place in band name behind Loretta’s Lowneck Sweater and first in band member’s names. (BigHungryJoe: guitar/backing vocals, Leftwood: cigarbox guitar, Pecan Sanders: lead vocals, Geiger Counter: lead guitar.)  Well done guys.

Day Tripper (Ian Mc Donald) – Another great “true to the original” version, with more cigar box distortion goodness.  The bassline sounds like it was played by Paul himself. 

Back In the USSR (407bug) – You have a talent to make any song your own.  All your recordings sound nice and full. Those Ukraine girls…

Yer Blues (Ed Strauss) – One of the first songs to come to my mind for this.  Built for CBG.  You make it nice and nasty like it should be.  The solo is fantastic.

I’m So Tired (Slowpaw Steve) – Probably your theme song for this whole ordeal.  Give you everything I got for a little piece of mind.  Fine recording and I like the ending. 

ReVoLuTiOn NuMbEr NiNe (Clock and His Wolf Spot) – I’ve been waiting for this one and it doesn’t disappoint.  Avant Garde.  Clock is both ahead of his time and living in the past.  Right where you want to be probably.

For You Blue (407bug) – Straight ahead rocking blues.  The core of the Beatles.  Then you freak me out at the end again…

Mean Mr. Mustard (SUGIMUGI) – That’s how you record a Beatles song.  All great sounding instruments and vocals.  This one’s up there for me too.

Flying (Calim) – What a great choice!   It would never occur to me to do this one.  Well done Calim – way to think outside the box.

I Am The Walrus (407bug) –  See how they run, like Bugs from a gun, see how they fly.  I’m crying.

Maxwell’s Silver Hammer (Brickdust and Pyno) – Love the feel.  I’m right there at the carnival.  Bang Bang!  Excellent performances.

Let It Be (Henry H. Lowman III) – Beautiful.  Simply beautiful.

Her Majesty (RTZ) – Wow.  Sonic goodness.  Left and right, back and forth.  So cool.  Very professional sounding recording and playing. 

Just a knockout performance by all involved.  I hope I didn’t miss anyone.  I’m impressed and thoroughly enjoyed an evening listening to some of the greatest songs ever written.  You can tell that everyone put forth their best efforts and like Silent Jim said, each song has its own flair, just like it should be.  Glad to have been a part of it and looking forward to the next one.

I insist REALLY A GREAT TOOL...°<[:-) [---]==={...

Nicely reviewed mr.T ! The performances on these songs were beyond my wildest dreams, i love them all - i wanted the artists' own personalities to shine through and everyone more than passed the audition - well done all,  when i'm 64 i will still treasure this collection of recordings as much as the original records - thank you all for turning this into such a great project! (-:

Great review of all songs, Turtlehead, ma man. Would make a good inlay, if hard copy produced :)

Thanks fellas.  I started to write a comment on a couple of tracks, but I felt bad leaving anyone out.  It was a fun way to go through and really listen to the songs and put names with the sounds. 

Wow back at you Turtle, so cool you took the time to do this for everyone,. Don't Pass Me By could of got a better review.

You brought up homemade instruments and I just want to say, I hear the factory guitars and we don't all have every box instruments we need or would like but we need to make these CBG records. This would be a completely differant record had we all use 3 strings. I did use a factory bass on this but we all should try to ride the Revolution.   Well Done Steve   everyone wow!

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->