Is there such an event? If not, why not!

A few of us here on the nation have made contact and are talking about a local gathering. An event to show our boxes, talk about them on every level and all that relates. I've seen related to this going on around or near my area, if there is I'd like information please.

It wouldn't take much to get it started, however if it turned into something big, I'm sure there's enough talent to step up to the plate and organize an event near St. Louis, at a local Deli, club or coffee house needing a few hour of interesting excitement.

If you have ideas or interest, post them here and lets see what develops.

Views: 3041

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I haven't read through the whole thread, but has anyone gotten KDHX radio involved in this? They are usually more than willing to support these sorts of events.
They have mentioned it in the arts calander, at least deveral people have told me so.

The answer is yes, they have been contacted.

I'M STOKED! BILL WILL SEND THIS OUT TOMORROW FOR PRINT.

sweet, I totally want a poster.
how big are these going to be? I would hang one in my front window. Lots of walkers going from bar to bar in my hood.

Got the posters today.

T-Shirts are in. XXXL   XXLG   XLG   LG   M   S       $15. at festival. or add $7. Shipping anywhere in the U.S. Check for combining orders to lower cost.

Pay Pal Link is:   frogking1958@yahoo.com

will i be able to hear the music from my tent? Will the music be outside?

I'm told today that posters are ready for me to pick up. I'll probably get my hands on them tomorrow am.

I'm told poster sizes will very in size and I'm not sure. Some should be close to 8x10 and lrg ones I imagine twice that.

When they're in my hands I'll talk to you about getting some your way.

As far as the music goes,  we will be stationed between 50-100 ft away from the stage line and that's just a guess.

There will be some sort of stage and PA System alongside the building facing the parking lot and we'll be fanned out  like a horseshoe throughout the parking lot. I'm sure we'll hear music very well.

good to hear.

BUILDERS CONTEST

This contest will consist of three (3) categories, 3 string guitar

6 string guitar

Ukulele.

All instruments must be registered and presented with builders name attached to the instrument.

All builders participating in contest should have your instrument entered before 2:30.

Instruments will be judged on appearance, construction, creativity, originality, and playability.

Prizes will be awarded for first and second place in these three categories.

The first place winners of the three categories will then compete for the grand prize.

Judging by a three judge panel will begin at 3:00. First and second place winners will be awarded prizes after first round is complete.

Judging for the grand prize will begin at 4:30. The grand prize winner will be announced upon completion of judging.

All instruments are to be picked up before 5:00. (With the exception of grand prize competitors.)

We remind you to please be considerate of others instruments, your friends have worked just as hard as you, in building their guitars.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->