Is there such an event? If not, why not!

A few of us here on the nation have made contact and are talking about a local gathering. An event to show our boxes, talk about them on every level and all that relates. I've seen related to this going on around or near my area, if there is I'd like information please.

It wouldn't take much to get it started, however if it turned into something big, I'm sure there's enough talent to step up to the plate and organize an event near St. Louis, at a local Deli, club or coffee house needing a few hour of interesting excitement.

If you have ideas or interest, post them here and lets see what develops.

Views: 3041

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can talk ace hardware or Home Depot supply material

Here some good news for everyone who wants to be a part of the festival and thought they couldn't make it. I just got a solid yes from an over qualified computer programer (family) that will be hosting the live streaming for the fest. When I say over qualified you can trust me, we're taken care of, this guy designs programs.

So we can broadcast the event worldwide and actually interact with musicians going back and forth during the fest. So it's kinda like a fest within a fest if you know what I mean. If some of our friends over seas want to participate, they now will be able to play us a song thus actually being part of the event. Pretty kool stuff!

Don't know why you're asking about York PA. Haven't been there sense I drove over the road. However York is a little over 100 miles west of Philly and just south of Harrisburg along the I-83. As where we are about 900 mi from Philly PA. and about 13hrs driving depending on traffic or how many tickets you can afford. There are so many of you CBG enthusiast out east. It would be nice if you could all get on a bus sometime and head out here. Like a Woodstock for cigar box guitars.

We had my family over for Easter dinner and I was asked to refinish an antique radio cabinet for my future son in law. I agreed if he'd set up the live stream for the fest, he not only agreed, he said he's do it. This is the guy that makes all those apps on your phone and security firewalls, yes he is our tech on site with the right equipment. So I only have a rough sketch of the the applications available for this. He will set it up with links and the web address for everyone to connect to. If you have a web cam and mic set up, you should be able to attend sort of like joining video conferencing. This will be a first, so think of it as a pilot for the future events, we'll just have to work out any bugs along the way but it should be fun.

Like I said, I will keep us updated and thank you!

Simple Vender rules:

All venders are responsible to arrive early for set up. Time scheduled for set up is three hours prior to fest. 09:00 - 11:59 AM June 8, 2013.

All sales and transaction of merchandise are vender's responsibility including merchandise security, theft or loss of any kind.

Please, no food or drink from outside brought to this event such as lunches, drinks coolers! Roadhouse is offering hookups and booths at a wonderful price and in addition, is giving all venders a huge discount on drinks and food.

All venders are expected to conduct business professionally.
Venders must also clean their area up promptly after 06:00pm following the end of fest. As the saying goes, leave it better than we find it.

I hope this works for everyone.

Thank you and let us know if we can help in anyway.

All vehicles need to be removed from the parking lot by 11AM and will not be allowed back on until 6PM. Vendors are responsible for securing all necessary licenses and paying of all local, state and federal taxes?

Venders will receive a copy of these rules upon purchase and when arriving to set up on Saturday morning. These are just standard responsibilities we need to be aware of in respect to our host and those who will attend. Thank you.

so, i would need to obtain a vending license to sell on the property? and need to include sales tax in the price?

We're checking on vendor license/permit and will let you know requirements as well as any cost and how to get them if required. I hope they are not but you know how gov. works. Sales tax is required on any sale of goods in Missouri but we will leave that up to the vendors, if you charge sales tax then you would be required to report and remitt that amount, what a bother.

the sales tax might be added of course ;)
sure gubment I am reporting my actions ;)

Vendors need not worry about permit/license doesn't appear to be neccessary so just show up and be ready to sell, sell, sell.

That sounds awesome! Thanks for checking on that for us Gary : )

OK HERE IT IS! The Pay Pal Account for the vender slots is set up and running!

You may also purchase your T-shirts and posters using the same account. (T's & poster are coming)

10x10 no electric $15.

10x10 w/electric  $25.            Send payment to       frogking1958@yahoo.com

Pay Pal is easy to sign up for if you still don't have an account.

When sending to an email it will prompt you where to enter payment to-

Let us know if you need assistance, we'll do what we can to help you.

All paid venders will receive a receipt of payment.

Once payment is received and spot has been reserved for you, there will be no refund.

Thank You All!

smilingdog1

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->