Is there such an event? If not, why not!

A few of us here on the nation have made contact and are talking about a local gathering. An event to show our boxes, talk about them on every level and all that relates. I've seen related to this going on around or near my area, if there is I'd like information please.

It wouldn't take much to get it started, however if it turned into something big, I'm sure there's enough talent to step up to the plate and organize an event near St. Louis, at a local Deli, club or coffee house needing a few hour of interesting excitement.

If you have ideas or interest, post them here and lets see what develops.

Views: 3039

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Please contact 61roadhouse owner who handles the bands. bkunz@hwy61roadhouse.com He's leaving town for a couple days and will be back in first of next week. He's expecting this so email him.

Are/will you take names for either poster or shirt purchase before they are available? Are posters available separate? Or is it a package deal?

I have no issue volunteering if I am available when you would need me. You can p.m. me if you want. I would need exact dates of when help is needed of course.

I did not see a public event page set up yet on Facebook(?) I could set one up but I do not want to step on toes. And you guys (the coordinators might want specific info on it). If I could just copy and paste all your info above if you'd like.

Do you have fliers made out yet to put up in public spaces? I bet KDHX would promote this on air too.

Bill will be having several size posters and yes they will be available for sale separate. The price on those will have to wait just a couple weeks till they're ready for print. I'll post an update on posters and T-shirts.

If we need more, we'll print more!

I have a canjo I can pitch
So what's the contest

The contest is a best build contest. Three catagories 3 string, 6 string, and ukulele. The winners in each of the catagories will compete for one grand prize. (what that is has yet to be determined.) Any and all builders are welcome to compete, there will be a 3 to 4 judge panel determining the winners.

Thanks Gary, yes you got it right about the three categories. In fact Gary, take over this section, I think I just lost more grey hairs and I can't afford any! : )

Do you need any tools what's is there a cost to the new bee build I know few guys be Intrested
We still trying get a jam together going

Parts will be pre-cut and drilled. Tools will be provided by me for the build, the only power tool will be a chargeable drill. Basic acoustic will rune 20. electrics will be offered for an additional cost. There will be a limit to the number of builds somewhere between 20-30.FCFS this will be our test run for future fest. We will do a test build before the event to ensure it's practical and sounds good if you know what I mean.

An idea popped into my brain! How about a barter tent where we trade straight up? I could have an amp for sound checks.

It'd be fun I'm thinking. Anybody have ideas on this or questions?

Great job, Colin now we're reaching out even futher, keep up the great work.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->