Is there such an event? If not, why not!

A few of us here on the nation have made contact and are talking about a local gathering. An event to show our boxes, talk about them on every level and all that relates. I've seen related to this going on around or near my area, if there is I'd like information please.

It wouldn't take much to get it started, however if it turned into something big, I'm sure there's enough talent to step up to the plate and organize an event near St. Louis, at a local Deli, club or coffee house needing a few hour of interesting excitement.

If you have ideas or interest, post them here and lets see what develops.

Views: 3041

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Update on vender booths. We have 15 slots still available, meaning 5 vender's are already registered. 

Note: if you are wanting a canvas canopy as part of the rental, you'll need to commit before May 1, 2013. in order for us to order them.

reminder: 10x10 $15---------10x10 w/hookup $25

Payments: Pay Pal account is  frogking1958@yahoo.com

Thank you!

So will I get one since I committed in time?

LOL, Prizes are awarded to winners of the contest of which there are three categories.

We also will have a really nice raffle available to anyone who buys a ticket. The raffle baskets content keeps growing as prizes are donated into it. It should be a fun gift basket to win. There is much to be won!

I wish you luck.

ha. Well I will enter, and would love even a concession prize kazoo. But I was referring to the canvas canopy as part of the vendors booth. I hope that many people will show to enjoy the music and fun.

Ah ha! An electric Kazoo! The buzz is picking up everywhere about this festival. We are competing with a few other venues and St. Louis appears to be winning out. Just from my work alone I'm hearing a huge turn out from emails on all shifts. I've sold a dozen shirts at work, so what does that tell you and they're asking for more. We are going to have such a great time doing what we all enjoy, it just doesn't get any better than that!

Original Flat Pups just in from Elmar in Austria!
Totally awesome pair, 4 string and 6 string added to the cache of prize giveaways for the festivals contest entry winners.

Sweet

The festival will have a Barter Town booth set up for those who love to swap and trade for others goods. All barterers will be given a barter number assigned them. When an offer is made, the number will be announced and you can come over to inspect you offer. It is what it is! Some will trade and others will hold out. It's fun and I know most people have something they don't mind trading with. You can ether drop off you item with owner tagged or just leave a nice photo with a short message describing what you have and what you're looking for.

Just remember people, it's all in fun! So lets have fun the old fashion way BARTER TOWN!

Note* Items can be most anything related to the nature of this festival of CBG's and homemade instruments. Harmonicas, harps, exotic woods,pups, tools and stringed instruments of every kind. What do you got?

STL CBG Festival co-organizer Gary Herget was interviewed this morning on KWMU's Cityscape program. The show will be rerun at 10:00 p.m. tonight 5/31/2013 on 90.7 in St. Louis. Out of town, listen via http://www.news.stlpublicradio.org/

Has any body try Chanel 2 that goofy morning guy bet he love the cbg story
Ok drop an Email to this adress might be able get on the morning show
ktvinews@tystl.com ATt morning show I think
Sorry ktvinews@tvstl.com

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->