I really want to make a lowbow in the future at some point.........anything I should know?

Views: 856

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dang Sam, you're becoming somewhat of a smart ass. I LIKE IT!

Wichita Sam said:
Shane,

Are you saying I'm the match to Johnny's gas bag?

grinns,

Sam

Shane Speal said:
I love the smell of napalm in the morning...
Shane,

I have a lot of hidden "gifts" (mostly left over from Junior High) that I only offer to "worthy" persons..... LOL (BTW, I really do appreciate JLowe's talent and work......)

the best,

Sam



Shane Speal said:
Dang Sam, you're becoming somewhat of a smart ass. I LIKE IT!

Wichita Sam said:
Shane,

Are you saying I'm the match to Johnny's gas bag?

grinns,

Sam

Shane Speal said:
I love the smell of napalm in the morning...
Wow, I never thought that this post would go on for so many days, just cuz' of little ol' me. LoL....anyhow, I guess what I meant to say was, I wanted to make a cbg like the Lowbow...mainly for the simple reason, I like the idea of using two sticks as the neck because sometimes is is just hard to make a neck and a hole in the box for the neck, plus a headstock and all the other stuff it takes to make one. I like simple styles, and the Lowbow style looks nice and strait forward.

Anyhow, I have a pickup I might swipe from another project and attempt some sort of creation in the next few days. We'll see.
Well Jerry, Let that be lesson one in the provocative nature of all things Lowebow . . . . he-he/
Check out pat mAcdonald's use of the instrument!! He's awesome!


Jerryrig240 said:
Wow, I never thought that this post would go on for so many days, just cuz' of little ol' me. LoL....anyhow, I guess what I meant to say was, I wanted to make a cbg like the Lowbow...mainly for the simple reason, I like the idea of using two sticks as the neck because sometimes is is just hard to make a neck and a hole in the box for the neck, plus a headstock and all the other stuff it takes to make one. I like simple styles, and the Lowbow style looks nice and strait forward.

Anyhow, I have a pickup I might swipe from another project and attempt some sort of creation in the next few days. We'll see.
Better yet... this one.

Knotlenny said:
Well Jerry, Let that be lesson one in the provocative nature of all things Lowebow . . . . he-he/
Check out pat mAcdonald's use of the instrument!! He's awesome!
Jerryrig240 said:
Wow, I never thought that this post would go on for so many days, just cuz' of little ol' me. LoL....anyhow, I guess what I meant to say was, I wanted to make a cbg like the Lowbow...mainly for the simple reason, I like the idea of using two sticks as the neck because sometimes is is just hard to make a neck and a hole in the box for the neck, plus a headstock and all the other stuff it takes to make one. I like simple styles, and the Lowbow style looks nice and strait forward.

Anyhow, I have a pickup I might swipe from another project and attempt some sort of creation in the next few days. We'll see.
I will see your Pat MaCdonald and raise you a Ben Prestage, he has got some funky guitar chops goin' on.....

By the way, what are the things that he slides on the neck, one looks like a black permenat marker, is is like a capio or something to change the tuning?



Knotlenny said:
Well Jerry, Let that be lesson one in the provocative nature of all things Lowebow . . . . he-he/
Check out pat mAcdonald's use of the instrument!! He's awesome!


Jerryrig240 said:
Wow, I never thought that this post would go on for so many days, just cuz' of little ol' me. LoL....anyhow, I guess what I meant to say was, I wanted to make a cbg like the Lowbow...mainly for the simple reason, I like the idea of using two sticks as the neck because sometimes is is just hard to make a neck and a hole in the box for the neck, plus a headstock and all the other stuff it takes to make one. I like simple styles, and the Lowbow style looks nice and strait forward.

Anyhow, I have a pickup I might swipe from another project and attempt some sort of creation in the next few days. We'll see.
How Hard Can It Be????? update

Wichita Sam said:
JOKE!!!! THIS IS A JOKE!!!! IF THIS MAKES YOU MAD>>>GET A GRIP!!!


PICTURE TITLE>>>> HOW HARD CAN IT BE?


LIFE IS TOO IMPORTANT TO TAKE SERIOUSLY!!!!!

THE BEST,

WICHITA SAM
Johnny, For me it's just a lark. I fully expect to find out how hard it is to make something this wierd sound good. Besides why would I expect you to be afraid of a "bottom dweller"? forever yours, Sam
Johnny Lowebow said:
Nothing to fear from you Sam LOL.



Wichita Sam said:
How Hard Can It Be????? update






Wichita Sam said:
JOKE!!!! THIS IS A JOKE!!!! IF THIS MAKES YOU MAD>>>GET A GRIP!!!


PICTURE TITLE>>>> HOW HARD CAN IT BE?


LIFE IS TOO IMPORTANT TO TAKE SERIOUSLY!!!!!

THE BEST,

WICHITA SAM

I say, that equine of yours appears to be a tad under-the-weather, what?
well said jacob
Jacob Blackwood said:

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

 


Forum

2021 Throwback Holiday Build-Off Contest!

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by John Joseph Deck on Saturday. 45 Replies

Squaring the neck

Started by Fantacone Box Works in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Nov 19. 16 Replies

Completed Builds

Started by ThePracticalPeasant in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Derek Waters Nov 5. 6 Replies

Blog Posts

Uncle Enos CBG Banjo Build

Posted by Greg on November 29, 2021 at 7:24pm 1 Comment

To Reach the Chord

Posted by Rich on November 12, 2021 at 10:20am 0 Comments

Seasonal build contest?

Posted by smilingdog1 on October 29, 2021 at 9:20am 9 Comments

Latest Activity

Uncle John commented on Mike Willmouth's photo
Thumbnail

01 CBG Build #42_Dec 5 2021

"He did plenty then!"
1 hour ago
3 String Blues posted a photo

-The Liberty Bell -

--------------------Let Freedom Ring!from the website -…
1 hour ago
Mike Willmouth commented on Mike Willmouth's photo
Thumbnail

01 CBG Build #42_Dec 5 2021

"He did one tour to Afghanistan a few years ago and came back and got into full time recruiting. His…"
2 hours ago
Mike Willmouth commented on Mike Willmouth's photo
2 hours ago
Randy S. Bretz posted a video
3 hours ago
BUGGY (C) posted a video

Blooz

iz a feelin
3 hours ago
Keith Rearick liked Doug Thorsvik's video
5 hours ago
Keith Rearick liked A.D.EKER's photo
5 hours ago
Uncle John commented on A.D.EKER's photo
5 hours ago
Keith Rearick liked BrianQ.'s photo
5 hours ago
Keith Rearick liked Mike Willmouth's photo
5 hours ago
Uncle John commented on Mike Willmouth's photo
Thumbnail

01 CBG Build #42_Dec 5 2021

"Great present. Good on your son and I bet you feel some relief having him be a civilian."
5 hours ago

Events

Music

© 2021   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->