I could never get on with glass slides, too thick, i have tried many metal ones in various lengths and thicknesses and always gone back to my old chrome 42mm x 19mm (inner)  x 1mm  i've used for years, even on 6 stringers!

I found a Brass slide on ebay marketed by Yamaha which had exactly the same dimensions except longer so i decided to buy it as a standby. The one that came looked roughly finished so i decided to buff it up with a wire brush attached to an electric drill, great "roadworn" result, and shorten it to the 42mm length of my old slide but cut it at a slight angle (42mm / 44mm) so it would sit more comfortably i hoped!

Great result, fits my ring finger more firmly and less "resistance" at the finger joint which had really got on my nerves sometimes...there ya go - one ergonomically designed brass slide! (-;

New "roadworn" ergonomic brass slide on the left, old slide on the right...(picture distortion has made them look a bit stubby)

Views: 937

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

AAAAARRRGGGHHH...! (-8

(-;

that look  scary   or somethin  

?  lol   was that the half     slide  you  were  talkin  bout ?

Ծ‿Ծ wa ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!

Then, of course, there is the diabolical 

John Pearse Edge Slide:

that's like it..scary trying to get the thing off..! (-;

maybe it's my ring aversion since i heard this story...

a soccer goalkeeper jumped up for the ball and in mid flight caught his wedding ring in one of the hooks holding the net on....pop! ...makes me feel creepy just thinking about it ...that's gotta hurt..owwwch! (-8

(-;

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->