yes, we use to joke about the cigar box "bandwagon' and if china would jump on board...we'll its official!

here is a cigar box "type' uke that they are now MASS PRODUCIING ..by "fox music"and selling on ebay!...these are the same people selling products under "cigar box guitar" keywords and watering down the catagory making it hard for eveyone else to sell becuse theier products pop up first!

your hobby has now been outsourced!

click this link,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321118178503...

Views: 3106

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dodge is the only American company making RAD cool cars for the avarage man....holly smokes the Challeneger!.....make's the corvette look boring!

RAM THIS DODGE UP YOUR BUTT CHINA!

I think it looks pretty fine, if someone here uploaded this pic they'd get plenty praised.
If you sell online eBay etc then Yes it certainly is a threat. But you are already all a threat to each other in that environment, there's plenty guys on here sell em (often at substantially lower standard than this one imho) for less than a hundred bucks already. Get out and sell em in person to real players and these Chinese ones will be of no consequence to you....

If this means 3 string specific parts are going to start showing up on EBAY, 3 string pickups, bridges, bridge pieces, etc... I'm in! 

There is lots of great 3 string pickup makers, and some really nice bridges too....if the Chinese follow that and make 3 string stuff we know there watching us close!

Exactly my point. They will be watching and you can bet your bottom dollar it`ll be 3 string pickups and all the sundry to follow.

I also agree that for the top builders here it won`t make a huge difference,if any, but for those who make bog standard guitars that sell on ebay only,then it`ll really bite into any profits.

Like the Kid says, that Uke is a decent piece of kit,it looks good,well made and the EQ placement looks the business.People will buy this and if,or when, they start on 3 stringers,they`ll buy them over said bog standard ebay sold guitars.

I can see the ebay listing now....

" Hello dear friend. I hope you enjoy this wonderful product of yesterdays. This instrument a true value of tradition and made with craftsmanship for all time. You enjoy old sounds and happy day you will have. You will not find other that has sound of yesterdays like this. Please do not hesitate to ask question and we reply as early as convenience allows."

Kind of takes the charm away does'nt it????

lol ;-)

We all knew (or should have known) this was coming, when we started seeing them hit the big stages, McCartney/etc. I am not particularly worried, at least not yet.

Oh Don't EVEN get me started......Ok ,I'll go the simplest route......they can make as many as they want ,but players know quality especiallly handmade quality.......I'll leave it at that

The funny thing is, ELEUKE has been selling these for a few years now, at least since 2010. So, nobody noticed until just now?

They had one in the local music store last week it was gone this week. bet it don't smell right.

did it smell like a farting Sasquatch?

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Latest Activity

Doug Thorsvik posted a video

Shout with Joy to God: 2-String Chugger License Plate Cigar Box Guitar

Cigar Box Guitar Slingers - Spokane, 199th Zoom Mtg 04/22/24. Only 1-finger chords, free songbooks here: https://www.cbgslinger.com/download CBG SOF Songbook...
40 minutes ago
A.D.EKER left a comment for David Hopkins
"They look a lot like the Roger Farrington creation's from 1980!"
1 hour ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

All You Got to do is put your Mind to it ! BCB - A .D .Eker 2024

"Yes he was ! Uncle John ! thank you for the like and kind comment ! Dang me !"
1 hour ago
Uncle John commented on Gary O'slide's video
Thumbnail

Acoustic folk box cigar box guitar @RhialtoPurple

"Nice.  Bright and sunshiny.  Feeling good music.  Thanks!"
2 hours ago
Uncle John commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

"Roger was extra special.    And fun. Wailing harp there, A.D.!    Good tribute!"
2 hours ago
Thumbnail

"    You can Rollerskate in a Buffalo Herd !!"
5 hours ago
5 hours ago
A.D.EKER posted a video

a Tribute to the Great lyricist Roger Miller ,a adapted version of the Tune " You cant Rollerskate in a Buffalo Herd " whit the refrein , on a four string c...
5 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's photo
Thumbnail

BCB Folding Backpacker 21,5 inch Scale

"Thank you all for the Like on the Picture ! appreciated !"
5 hours ago
A.D.EKER left a comment for Order99
"Thanks Order 99 for your take on the Tracks ! Glad you liked them ! much appreciated ! Kind…"
5 hours ago
Order99 liked Doug Thorsvik's video
10 hours ago
Order99 liked Gary O'slide's video
10 hours ago

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->