Hi everyone was too scared to build 3 string cbg (even though got all the parts) untill I seen justin johnsons vid on making a diddley bow and though hell I can do that! So my first build is guna be a one string electric diddley bow! 

Ive a few questions which is best pick up? bridge or not sure name of the other think its a humbucker?

What length?

What strings to use ive standard 3 string set and E string and A string of electric bass guitar! Im a huge classic rock fam ACDC, Metallica, Van Halen etc, so based on that type of music which string?

Using a home built cigarbox with sound holes and a through neck broom handle!

Would appreciate any imput or ideas!

Thanks in advance guys!

Views: 3677

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pen, stickers often don't.

Here's a little something for when you get it built:

5 5 7 8 12 10 5 5

17 17 17 15 12 12

17 17 17 15 12 12

10 10 5 5 8

5 5 8 0 4 5

What's the name ?

LOL Not going to tell you yet but you'll be a real animal when you figure it out. ;-)

You don't have to wait until you finish the diddleybow, you can play this on one string of any guitar you have on hand.

Tuned to which key?
Ha ha One of my favs house of the rising sun?

LOL Exactly!

It's a good tune to play using a slide on a diddleybow because pretty much everybody recognizes it.

Broom handle and box bold as bridge or a hook that pushes on the box?

"Bolt".. oops

Nicely done!:-)
Basically
You need a box a neck
A tuning key a nut a bridge and a tail piece
And a string
A sound hole
A couple of screws
Maybe a piezo pickup and jack socket

I have a nylon wound strung on mine
And it sounds great.

But any old string fat is good for sound
They used to use bale wire or an old piano string
Google rule of 18ths for marking out the scale
If its a non standard scale

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->