Another question....I've seen a few builds on here with the acoustic guitar style bridge with pins. Do these work well on CBG's? I've read a fair bit on here about the tension required and wondered if that's a problem for the bridge pin setup. I'm only building 3-strings so I guess the tension is minimal?.....

Views: 1037

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have some future "wall decor" to celebrate that philosophy.

My philiosophy completely!

It's a CBG after all.....it's not meant to be perfect. The 'imperfections' just add to the individuality - and that's half the appeal.

Just about finished the first build and have started on 2 more necks already....much learning and fun ahead!

Thanks for your input

Thanks Robert - couldn't agree more.....I'll make my own 'judgements' about what to take on board. As a rookie, I'm keen to absorb as much good info as I can get.

Nice looking job on the bridge and pins btw!

Thanks, I messed up a few pins before I got a feel for the material.

A trick you can do to make sure your intonation is correct is to go at it ass backwards...place the bridge before calculating the scale length.

Not the preferred method but the fret calculation will be accurate.

One caveat is that you will need to subtract the compensation amount from the calculated length.

That's how I did my first few ukes. Then I realized it was ass backwards and harder than just measuring properly.

Yeah I never thought of doing it that way until somebody asked me to repair a guitar with a missing fretboard.

That's the way I do my resonators.

I'll keep that in mind. I only have one reso under my belt.

You guys are so funny!I love it!

Afterall its just a stick in a box.

I'm on about build 5 w/ a reso cone.Its all for shits and giggles anyway!:)

I also build partscasters,so CBG's really give me individuality,as in find the box,make the neck,scale length,everything.ITS RAD!!!

There is no wrong way,just build.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->