Free Download - Dylan: A Handmade Tribute - by Cigar Box Nation members.

Dylan: A Handmade Tribute

Cigar Box Nation members interpret the music of Bob Dylan onto handmade instruments.  Originally released in 2013, this tribute was arranged, compiled and produced by C# Merle with help from Silent Jim.

We have placed all 25 songs onto one .zip file for ease of downloading:

Click here to download Side 1

Click here to download Side 2

Views: 10341

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

i had the easy job - just collecting the tracks, you guys are the stars for actually recording the awesome music. cheers!

Hmmm...WWBT? He'd prolly stare fixedly at a point somewhere past your shoulder. Maybe mumble something like "Least you didn't cover Neil's shit."

That seems to be working.  Thanks,  Merle!

Sound great...

I would love to know what people recorded their songs onto, if you are willing to share?

and if multi tracked or not?

I normally use a Line pod UX1 and a cheap sale copy of sony acid pro, cheap mic, but mess with Ipad's for live video (when the kid's haven't smashed it!)  and Iphone irig record for live stuff currently..for ease as it's always with me..

Aso what did you use for leveling the tracks and tagging them Merle, as you seem to have mastered this much better than me for the Stones tribute album?

Great Job by the way and thanks for all the hard work running it and delivering it... (as it's not quite as easy as it looks)

Audacity multi track sequencer and my usual colllection of ageing hardware - Shure SM58, Boss SE-70, cheapo mixing desk.. (-:

For "All Along The Watchtower," I used the following:

1) My custom Swamp Witch Enchantress with bobby pin frets, tuned GDG, plugged directly into my Crate V16 all-tube amp, at full Gain but low Level for the distortion, plus the Reverb set at about 5.
2) I recorded the amp through the iRig mic, placed slightly off axis to the amp speaker with an AmpClamp.
3) The iRig mic was connected directly to my iPad, monitored through SkullCandy earbud headphones.
4) All tracks (guitar, vocals, harmonica, tambourine and shakers) were recorded as separate Audio tracks using the iRig mic into GarageBand; each track had slightly different in-built effects applied. The guitar track was quadruped, then 2 each panned full left and right for stereo effect. Vocals had the Dreamy setting applied, while all tracks had Large Hall Reverb and a slight amount of Echo added. Vocals and shakers were time-shifted where needed.
5) Final mix down was in Audacity, converting the GB multitrack m4a file to mp3 two-track stereo, doing some slight noise filtering, adding a few seconds of silence at beginning and end, and applying fade out to the end.

I recorded my song on the couch !     ;)

That would explain the fuzz, lost change, and biscuit crumbs in the background then...;-)
Lol Ron ma man. Also explains me fallin asleep halfway thru recording ! :)

I record directly into my laptop, with some guitar tracks miked up and others were plugged straight in.

Everything is mixed together and messed around with on Mixcraft 6 Recording Studio, which is a PC equivalent to Garage Band. You can download it and have a free trial here  http://www.acoustica.com/mixcraft/

I recently bought a Blue Yeti USB mic, but I'm not happy with the vocal recordings I made. I'm 100% sure it's down to how I'm recording, and I need to have an experiment with different environments, recording levels and my proximity to the mic. If anyone has any advice it would be gladly accepted.

I used these instruments on "Shelter": 3 String CBG, 3 string CBBanjo, Washtub Bass, and Cajon for percussion.

CBG and Bass went through a small Behringer mixer into the computer via USB.  Banjo, Cajon and Vocals were recorded with an MXL 990 condenser mic.  I mixed in Audacity, just panning and volume. then exported to the demo version of Fruity Loops, which I use for "mastering".  The demo is full featured, but the limit is 5 minutes.  I apply EQ, Compression, Reverb and Limiting in FL and that's about it.  I like to leave the levels fairly low in the recording and mixing process, then bring them up in FL.  Seems like there is less noise that way and can add a lot of fullness in the final stages.

OK jokin aside (but not for long! lol)  : On "Senor"

I recorded vocal and harp ,and tinjo backing track( a 4 string tinjo made  by jabes) ,  into track one of my Tascam 4 track. (Tinjo was amped with  wee Cube).

Then  added   banjo fills (5string banjo made by Anthony), onto track 2. (did not amplify banjo)

Then added tinjo  guitar solo on track 3 .(l I did not use track 4).

Mastered/mixed track on Tascam.

Converted wav. file into MP3 using Audacity.

Had a cup of tea and kit kat

The End  :)

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->