Mark's Discussions (337)

Discussions Replied To (143) Replies Latest Activity

"Dan is right, a simple nut and bolt bridge can be very effective. If you don't fix i…"

Mark replied Nov 22, 2011 to Fixed saddle/ bridge on electric guitar builds as it related to intonation

14 Nov 23, 2011
Reply by Mark

"Steve, I've been looking again at the pic of the broken off piece of that hinge and…"

Mark replied Nov 21, 2011 to A word of warning about brass hinges...

41 Nov 26, 2011
Reply by Dan Sleep

"I'd use whichever side of the box is thinner (as long as it's not so thin you think…"

Mark replied Nov 20, 2011 to Which side of box to use as soundboard?

10 Nov 24, 2011
Reply by Grease Stains

"Hmmm, first time I've heard of this sort of thing happen with a hinge. Nevertheless…"

Mark replied Nov 20, 2011 to A word of warning about brass hinges...

41 Nov 26, 2011
Reply by Dan Sleep

"On a serious note, I'm curious about the practical properties of corian. What's it l…"

Mark replied Nov 10, 2011 to Look after your nuts

29 Nov 17, 2011
Reply by Order99

"Ha ha...and of course Whitworth threads give more of a vintage tone while metric can…"

Mark replied Nov 10, 2011 to Look after your nuts

29 Nov 17, 2011
Reply by Order99

"Sorry but I think that Gibson article is a typical example of the baloney-laden sale…"

Mark replied Nov 9, 2011 to Look after your nuts

29 Nov 17, 2011
Reply by Order99

"The bit about every solution being a compromise is absolutely bang on. For any guit…"

Mark replied Nov 8, 2011 to sound hole placement, based on tuning fork tests

44 Nov 22, 2011
Reply by David Ford

"And a quick reply to your original question. My feeling is that you want to avoid ha…"

Mark replied Nov 7, 2011 to sound hole placement, based on tuning fork tests

44 Nov 22, 2011
Reply by David Ford

"Actually there's no good reason why this stuff should fry your brain. It kind of pis…"

Mark replied Nov 7, 2011 to sound hole placement, based on tuning fork tests

44 Nov 22, 2011
Reply by David Ford

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->