Chicago Cigar Box Guitar Festival - November 10th 2012

hey all,

i'm new to CBN and joined this group since i live up here on the Illinois/Wisconsin border in Richmond about an hour east of Rockford. i was looking at Diane's thread about the Handmade Music Exhibit in Rockford, IL and found this link on Facebook. i'm going to make an effort to get there barring any lightning bolt strikes. it would be kewl to meet up with you if you can make.

https://www.facebook.com/events/429611390416281/

November 10 at 2:00pm until November 11 at 1:30am in CST.

On November 10 2012 International recording artists will converge on the northern suburbs of Chicago for the inaugural Chicago CBGF. In a world of mass produced, cookie cutter, disposable music and instruments the Cigar Box Guitar stands apart. From the simplest one string diddley bow to finely crafted highly detailed 6 string fretted cbg's each one is as unique as it's maker. The styles of music played on them ranges from Delta Blues to Primitive Rock to Jug Band to Gothic Blues and beyond. At this years CBG Fest you'll see some of the top acts in the cbg world and have the chance to buy your own cbg.

Over 10 hours of live music on 2 stages!

Great food and drink specials!

Featuring Performances by:

Purgatory Hill
Johnny Lowebow
Husky Burnette
Mojo Perry
Justin Johnson
Stacy Puckett
Lone Wolf OMB
Lou Shields
Me and the Devil
Sloppy j
Voodoo Highway
The 2 Knights
Kevin Incroyable (of The Peculiar Pretzelmen)

Views: 139

Replies to This Discussion

Yep, the Cigar Fest in Green Oaks seems to be coming together. I can't wait to see and hear it. I am going to have a table there and hope to see a few of the Chicago Builders stop by. Hoping some others are there as well. Thanks for the persistence in postings.

kewl beans - i'm going to do my best to get there. don't think i'll have anything put together by then as i'm just now putting together a work bench. it'll just kewl to meet some liked minded peeps.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Discussion Forum

Renegade Mini Fair in PIlsen June 22&23

Started by Kimmer Olesak. Last reply by Glenn Kaiser Jun 19, 2014. 7 Replies

Handmade Music Exhibit in Rockford, IL

Started by Diane in Chicago Sep 16, 2012. 0 Replies

Saturday, May 14 at the Grafton!

Started by Diane in Chicago. Last reply by Alex May 27, 2011. 10 Replies

Sunday, October 17 a 2pm at the Grafton! We're on!

Started by Diane in Chicago. Last reply by ProfWaldo Nov 6, 2010. 19 Replies

Chicago area CBG makers meetup?

Started by Mister Scott. Last reply by Diane in Chicago Oct 16, 2010. 13 Replies

west suburbs

Started by petey twofinger. Last reply by petey twofinger Oct 5, 2010. 3 Replies

Starting out

Started by Kimmer Olesak. Last reply by ProfWaldo Oct 3, 2010. 2 Replies

Spring! Meeting of the Chicago Cigar Box Guitar Guild on April 18!

Started by Diane in Chicago. Last reply by Diane in Chicago Apr 13, 2010. 19 Replies

article about DIANE

Started by BILL. Last reply by Roger Martin Feb 18, 2010. 2 Replies

Latest Activity

BrianQ. liked Gary O'slide's video
5 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Doug Thorsvik's photo
Thumbnail

Flathead Diddley Bow

"Thanks. Wow! That becomes a spendy box Alan. They are pretty distinctive though. I have a few on…"
9 hours ago
Nigel McTrustry posted a video

Nigel McTrustry & The Hound Dogs are Loose! - Yellow Dog - Live - Original - Cigar Box Guitar

Nigel McTrustry & The Hound Dogs are Loose! Yellow Dog (McTrustry)@ The Cave Inn Brisbane, Australia.The song is currently on Spotify.
9 hours ago
AGP # commented on Doug Thorsvik's photo
Thumbnail

Flathead Diddley Bow

""Sweet Doug" :-), have seen quite a few Flathead Builds over the years, great looking…"
12 hours ago
AGP # liked David Dodt's photo
12 hours ago
12 hours ago
12 hours ago
AGP # liked Doug Thorsvik's photo
12 hours ago
12 hours ago
12 hours ago
AGP # liked Aaron Green's photo
12 hours ago
Keith Rearick liked Gary O'slide's video
13 hours ago

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->