reso question

ok fellow fanatics,this is the first time ive started a discussion so please help like i know u all can. my question is quite simlpe i think,im buildind my first cgb reso using a paint can lid ,so how do u attatch the bridge to the lid? glue? screws? or something all together different? please respond with your thoughts and suggestions. thanks in advance for your help.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• there's a reso group here (how loud can we make it) but I'd check in with Bairfoot Cajun http://www.cigarboxnation.com/profile/brianromero

he's the mad master of resonators, and very helpful to fellow builders

•  thanks john i was thinking along the lines fi a machine scew but just wanted to get some insight from the great nation that is cbgs lol

•   thanks mark, i guess i was looking over the obvious lol
  • I built one paint-can resonator, and just used a hardwood "Red Henry" sort of bridge... It just sits there.   (a couple of pencil marks to put it back when I change strings

I was pretty impressed with the sound....

• Depends what you are using for a bridge.  If you are using something like a round hardwood 'biscuit' (as per a pukka resonator), then a small screw (such as a machinehead fixing screw) right in the centre from underneath will do the trick. You could use a floating bridge, like a banjo bridge, in which case just let the pressure of the strings hold it in place.

This reply was deleted.