Piezo Help

Hi

I am busy building a CBG. I have soldered my piezo pickup to my 1/4" jack. When I tap on the piezo disc I get sound from my amp but when I place the pickup under the strings of my acoustic guitar (just to test it) It doesn't pick up any sound at all.

I am using a low profile (low voltage) piezo element.

Any ideas?

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Piezo is a microphone, you could talk at it and hear your voice through the speaker.

I like the sound better (than the sound using a piezo) when I use an inexpensive ($ 7) dynamic microphone inside my CBG.

• Try double stick taping it to the underside of the lid, right near the bridge or as close as you can. I should work. 

• Hi James.

For more information on setting up piezo pickups, and a bit of theory behind them, check out the discussion group  called  CBG wiring & electronics. You can also search this site. If Cigar Box Nation's own search isn't' working, you can use Google by entering your search criteria plus the following: "site:cigarboxnation.com". Give it a try -- click on Google in the line above.

-Rand.

• A piezo doesn't pickup vibes like a regular pickup. Try pressing it against the box and strumming the strings.

AFKAM

This reply was deleted.