Replies

• a little careful poking around the slider, you will likely find its solder/contact points on the back side of the board.  they work just like the barrel type potentiometers we use for volume/tone knobs.

• If it has a cassette player, the simple way is to tap into the tape head wires, or even easier, plug into an aux port if it has one

• It only has a headphone output.

• Tape heads are probably easiest to get to, but volume inputs will also work, best way to test is probably make a couple of jumper leads with alligator clips on one end and a jack socket on the other, one other thing, does it have a mic in port? that will also work, but most likely a stereo input, so you'd need a stereo to mono adapter to utilise both speakers

• darryl - apologies in advance if this is a dumb question. i knew about the tape head tap but intrigued by the aux port. Can you just hook up to that on an old stereo?
      • Mike, the aux port is usually an input unless it's marked aux out, if you have 1 you just need a jack adapter 1/4" to 1/8" or whatever size your aux input is

• Thanks for the confirmation. For some reason my brain refused to believe it was that simple!
  • There is a group dedicated to radio amp conversions. Check it out at Radio Amp Group

• I'll have to get to that a little later, on the way out. Thanks.

• Post a couple pics of the electronics and slider in question.

This reply was deleted.