how many of us build guitars but can't play them darn things?  is it just me or are there others out there? i know if i try to learn it will be harder now since my hall of shame moment last week, (shorter finger--don't ask), but life goes on and i'm already back in the shop totally enjoying this madness(as my wife calls it) but she sure wanted her share of $$$$ when i sold my first.  speak out and let me know how many unmusically inclidned buiders are out there. 

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Godzilla,

good on you!  keep at it.  you'll be amazed how quickly your playing will get to the point that you'll be in front of people intertaining and having fun.

the best,

Wichita Sam

• Once I got the bugs worked out with my Chickenhead Reso, I have been very consistantly playing everynight at least fifteen minutes, sometimes an hour a day. My playing is improving and i'm loving my six stringer with open "G" tunings and open "C" tunings, even givin' a crack at playing with finger picks too.
  • thats the one..

have a crack guys, its pretty simple, a strumstick is a free teacher..

• I believe this is the video that Jef made...

http://www.cigarboxnation.com/group/dulciworld/forum/topics/barre-c...

Wichita Sam said:

video with a strumstick and a capo?  pleeeeeeease, the url... thanks,  Sam
  • Well, I talked to my brother about this subject. He reminded me that Leo Fender was not much of a player And Hartly Peavey was just a little better than Fender. So we can all see that it is not a requerment to be a top player to be a top builder.

Cheers

Bob

• I'm a better builder than a player (and still learning the building component).

When I was a kid I wanted to learn to both build and play, now I have the time.

I started playing 5 years ago and all I can say is I s**k less :) now. I have to admit I do spend more time on building/reading etc. tha on actual playing so it sort-of figures.

Paul H.

I have all my fingers but lost some control after a little stroke last summer. Keeping at it tho, you should too.

• video with a strumstick and a capo?  pleeeeeeease, the url... thanks,  Sam
  • all you guys wanna learn to play...

make urself a strumstick and get a capo..  ;)

i got a video somewhere explains it all

• Mark , it's because I haven't done those things yet. hehe:).

Mark Bliss said:

Bob, what about the handmade moccasins and coon skin hat? Smoking a hand rolled cigar while sitting on a bench carved from lumber you rough sawed by hand after tending to it for decades on the ranch you tilled and fenced by hand since you were a hand raised pup......

Sheesh, you arent even trying here! LOL!

Nice thought anyway sir!

• Bob, what about the handmade moccasins and coon skin hat? Smoking a hand rolled cigar while sitting on a bench carved from lumber you rough sawed by hand after tending to it for decades on the ranch you tilled and fenced by hand since you were a hand raised pup......

Sheesh, you arent even trying here! LOL!

Nice thought anyway sir!

This reply was deleted.