Cigar Box Ukulele Contest!
Cigar Box Nation is looking for the most artistic, wildest, most radical or most visionary cigar box ukulele.  Do you think your creations are the best? Show them to us.  The rules are simple:
1.  The instrument must be made from a real cigar box.
2.  It must fit within the classification of a ukulele (Uke soprano, concert,  tenor or baritone scale + 4 nylon strings).
3.  Instruments made from cigar box ukulele kits or from dismantled old ukes are acceptable as well as instruments fully made in your own workshop.
4.  Instrument must be built by you.
Two prizes will be awarded from C. B. Gitty Crafter Supply.
Grand prize: $50 C. B. Gitty prize pack + $50 C. B. Gitty gift certificate
Runner up:  $25 C. B. Gitty prize pack + $25 C. B. Gitty gift certificate 
How to submit your entry:
  1. Build the greatest cigar box ukulele you can
  2. Take THREE pictures of your entry.  Three pictures only (no photoshops of several angles in one pic).
  3. Post your pictures in this submission thread along with any fun details about your instrument.

Contest runs from May 9, 2014 - June 30, 2014.  Enter as many instruments as you wish.

In any case of changes to these rules will be posted on the home page of Cigar Box Nation and also in this group.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thought the ones that were actually hand made versus made by 'guitar building company' deserved a little more

recognition.  Kudos to those who 'hand made' their ukes! 

• That's kind. All mine are hand tools. And each one I learn something new, whether new way of doing things and how not to do things.... Note to self. .don't don't don't use yacht varnish lol
  • The contest was an awesome example of creative builders!! Thanks Shane for the opportunity to contribute.

• I very much enjoyed being part of this adventure, I can not call it a contest.
    • Awesome, thanks!
  • Who were the winners? I can't find where they were announced.
  • awesome winners and congrats to all!

• Im going to pull my best "oscar nominee loser face" and wish the winners well ,,, lol, seriously, the entries were incredible, and im going to shamelessly steal some ideas!!!!, well done folks..I enjoyed that. Roll on next contest

• Congratulations! Skill and creativity

This reply was deleted.