***Got a festival?  Please send information and web links to sspeal@cbgitty.com***

May 14 (2pm) - "Meet Up On Mean St" cigar box guitar gathering

June 3,4 - The 12th Annual Huntsville Cigar Box Guitar Festival 

sponsored by C. B. Gitty

• Lowe Mill Arts Center, Huntsville, AL
  • $2 suggested parking donation
  • Official website

June 4 - The 4th Annual St. Louis Cigar Box Guitar Festival
sponsored by C. B. Gitty

• Hwy61 Roadhouse & Kitchen, 34 S. Old Orchard, Webster Groves MO.
  • Official website

Aug. 27 - The Pennsylvania Cigar Box Guitar Festival
sponsored by C. B. Gitty

Sept. 17 - Smokin`16uitars Cigar Box Guitar Festival in Germany

Sept. 17 - 2016 Republic of Texas Cigar Box Guitar Festival

Sponsored by C.B. Gitty

Oct. 1 - BSA French Cigar Box Guitar Festival

http://www.cigarboxnation.com/forum/topics/2016-cigar-box-guitar-fe...

Views: 2681

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Any fests looking for a band to play?

Thank you Shane and C.B.Gitty for showing your support of our festivals. I think the page is set up right with links. I wish it had a bit more viability on the home page. The reason being is that festivals are the highlight of everything we're doing with these instruments. It's a place of celebration where we leave our homes and join with others to get a richer experience. All the other things such as building, playing and sharing are roads that lead to another fest. I hope to see you both out this way sometime so please stay in touch!

SD

it's early in the season.  The banner ad for this list will become more prominent as we get closer.

Sounds good, thanks again and it is very much appreciated!

Anyone know of any festivals in FL, I havent been able to find any. Was thinking of planning my own, but do not know how to go about it.

You might want to get a hold of Ted Crocker live in Florida, ask him what he knows of any fest down that way?

As far as setting one up. The first step we took was location. Finding a good spot is not too hard, finding a great spot might take time, luck or trial and error. We got lucky but we also search for three months. Next is to hook up with folks that will step up to the plate and can be relied on. Not too many fingers in the pie is my advice. We have three coordinators. We collaborate by listening and giving each other’s ideas a chance at least once and follow up feedback when it's over. We make a plan and stick to it. Ask yourself and others who build or play CBG's what they'd like in a fest and design it. Find someone who does PR work and support them to get the word out. Flyers are OK, but honestly, networking online and local news source such as well circulated rags and radio help tremendously. Your location will also be key in the kinds of people who are attracted and the amount of foot traffic through there. Size to me is not as important as atmosphere. Key phrase, if you are having fun, they will have fun.

Good Luck,

SD

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Taffy Evans yesterday. 8 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

CB Bass Guitar

Started by Mi Rankin in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Justin Stanchfield Jan 27. 5 Replies

Latest Activity

A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

The Old Way's BCB 2024

"Thank you Keith ! Glad you liked it ! much appreciated !!"
1 hour ago
BrianQ. liked Gary O'slide's video
8 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Doug Thorsvik's photo
Thumbnail

Flathead Diddley Bow

"Thanks. Wow! That becomes a spendy box Alan. They are pretty distinctive though. I have a few on…"
12 hours ago
Nigel McTrustry posted a video

Nigel McTrustry & The Hound Dogs are Loose! - Yellow Dog - Live - Original - Cigar Box Guitar

Nigel McTrustry & The Hound Dogs are Loose! Yellow Dog (McTrustry)@ The Cave Inn Brisbane, Australia.The song is currently on Spotify.
12 hours ago
AGP # commented on Doug Thorsvik's photo
Thumbnail

Flathead Diddley Bow

""Sweet Doug" :-), have seen quite a few Flathead Builds over the years, great looking…"
14 hours ago
AGP # liked David Dodt's photo
15 hours ago
15 hours ago
15 hours ago
AGP # liked Doug Thorsvik's photo
15 hours ago
15 hours ago
15 hours ago
AGP # liked Aaron Green's photo
15 hours ago

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->